Hello I am new and so depressed with this problem:(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello I am new and so depressed with this problem:(

Postby Greyson » 27 Jun 2012, 10:13

[b]Hello! I went searching for a support group just to have someone to talk to because this is very embarassing and humiliating. My mother and I live together and she has been very supportive of my fissure but she doesn't really understand what I'm going thru. I have had this problem for about 2 months and I did go to my doctor who did a rectal examination and said that I do have a anal fissure. She put me on oiment called Mupiricin or something like that and it costs $45 for a small tube. I am now on my 4th tube and I can barely afford this stuff. I am taking 3 stool softeners a day plus miralax and trying to watch what I eat. I am feeling like it will never heal although everyone keeps telling me it will. I read one guy had one for 7 months. Sometimes it feels better and I think it's healing and then other times it feels not so great and I'm very confused as to wether it is healing or not. Surgery for me would be out of the question as I have no insurance so this has to heal on it's own. I'm hoping to learn on here what others are using that may help with the pain and help it to heal...also to make some friends. I am very lonely and depressed. I welcome anything anyone has to say to me. Thank you! I'm also a big animal lover and have a German Shepherd and several cats and 3 rabbits.
Greyson
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Hello I am new and so depressed with this problem:(

Postby Ever the Optimist » 27 Jun 2012, 14:13

Hi Greyson,
So sorry to hear you are suffering, depressed and lonely. Sadly, I think pretty much most of us go through those same feelings and emotions as a fissure takes it toll on you both physically and mentally.....but focus on those great days and use them to convince yourself that you are healing and there will be more of those days to come!...The healing process unfortunately, is very slow. It's a difficult, high volume area to heal, so you really just have to take things day by day and do everything you can to help heal (See the supplements and remedies thread for lots of helpful suggestions)
You will receive plenty of support from this site, plus lots of useful tips to help you get through this....
Do you feel the cream you've been prescribed is actually helping??? If not, I'd suggest you go back to your GP to try out an alternative (Rectogesic, Dilitizam in UK...Nifridine I think in US (Check it out!)) There are other non-surgical options for you at this stage.
Make sure you eat lots of high fibre foods/ loads of water too and soothe with salty baths/ sitz baths to relax everything...
It's great you have your mother for support. She may not understand what you're going through but she's there...perhaps you could ask her to cook you some nice fissure friendly foods to help you along??? There's recipes on this site and diets to help you check that your eating habits are good.!
I think the fact you are having great and then not so great days is a good sign...2 months with the fissure and I think you still have a good chance of getting on top of this thing. Just keep to good habits and try not to let it get you too down. A positive mental attitude is vital in helping you beat this thing!! Talk to your GP if it really is getting you down too badly though. Good luck with your healing - truly hope you start to feel better and in yourself very soon...
PS We only have a hamster in our household!!!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Greyson » 27 Jun 2012, 18:49

[b] Thank you so much for your kind words, it gives me much hope!! I am very glad I found this place because only others who are suffering with this can know the true depths of pain and how hard it is to function from day to day. I believe the ointment that my doctor gave me is working. It's suppose to help heal faster and it have some kind of antibacterial stuff in it to help which considering where you put it keeping bacteria away is important. I am not against trying anything else though that I think may work. Again thank you...I feel so much better just by your words that it will heal. I sure hope so and fast! Bless you and thank you for taking the time to talk to me!
Greyson
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby jr2 » 28 Jun 2012, 21:57

Hi Greyson,
Just wanted to welcome you to the group and let you know you've landed in the right place for information and support. We all understand the physical and emotional toll that fissures take on lives, and with added stress of limited access to medical care/insurance, etc., it just makes everything even more stressful.
As Ever the Optimist recommends, browse around the forums. There are a lot of tips and information about coping and what helps and what doesn't.
Wishing you all the best for healing in the days to come.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby ragini » 01 Jul 2012, 01:13

hi greyson....i know how it feels i tooo see the price tag and feel thats its too costly ....but unfortunately if it helps you got to get it....secondly its just two moths not two years .... i m this thing for past 4 years ...2 years went hiding it not understanding it .... and two years in removing and getting rid of it .... 5 days ago i had the surgery ....it was painful the first 3 days but now the pain is bearable .....and truly this is a wonderful site to clear up your mind ......and get positive .....and tips suggestions ....sympathy plus the empathy .....you have landed really soon .....you should be thankful about this fact itself .....i didnt knew internet could be so harmonising and specially with people you dont know but happily they are with you and have gone through all the phases you are going and some still going .....so you have lots of company to help you rule this thing out....as smoothly as your poop :)......may god bless you
ragini
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1