Tomorrow is my fissure op at my 36

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Tomorrow is my fissure op at my 36

Postby Strangeworldaf » 03 Aug 2012, 11:08

Why don't you take some stool softener like milk of magnesia and eat decent amount of fruits and vegis...taking osmotic laxative will help you with BM' s and you will not have to strain at all as it also helps the muscles to relax a bit.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby CJazzy » 03 Aug 2012, 17:13

Hello, fisure_35
I'm also on my 3rd day post-up, except I'm from Canada, and I also have been watching a lot of Netflix!
I find drinking lots of water, taking 3 natural laxatives a day, and eating smaller amounts for meals to be very helpful. I also take 3 sithz baths a day which helps a lot as well. For me, BM's aren't any more painful than before the surgery, however it's afterwards where my pain sets in, starts right in the tender area and i can feel it up in my tail bone area as well which tends to immobilize me for the rest of the day.
If your managing your pain fine it is recommended to switch to lower dosages or alternative pain medication such as tylenol. Personally at day 3, I am still on perciset for the pain but this evening has been more manageable than this morning. I think after day 3 it should get better for ya, hope you continue to heal up fast and get back to enjoying the foods you want to be eating soon and ofcourse, to be fissure free in the near future! Best of luck to you and everyone else!
CJazzy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby fisure_35 » 04 Aug 2012, 10:50

Thanks Jazzy I hope you feel better soon too.
Today I am not taking any more pain killers. I am taking 3 stool softners a day. It's not that I am straining for BM, but I guess the stiches, the wound all that give the burning sensation while BM. Once done after sit bath I am ok though. Surprisingly morning erections pain the area too :)
Some docs don't put stiches not sure if that is any better. After sit bath I took tub bath. I tried touching the area and see it is still tender and painful, felt like it at least takes 10 days to normalize.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Strangeworldaf » 04 Aug 2012, 11:48

I have spoken to many and they all said about they had stiches, the only time they don't put stiches is when they perform a close-LIS and most doctors in US perform open LIS. Your morning erection pain s due to tenderness in that area. Have you ever had pain while urinating before surgery when you were in severe fissure pain?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fisure_35 » 04 Aug 2012, 15:07

I think I did have the pain when the fissure is severe.
I don't know about closed vs open, my doc mentioned some of her colleagues don't put stiches,but she did.
My day so far is going good without pain killer. I am hoping to get back to work on Monday, my LIS was done on Wednesday. What do you all think of tub bath, would it relax it any further and heal quicker.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

5th day

Postby fisure_35 » 05 Aug 2012, 09:06

I am off pain killers. Walking properly, but can't sit for too long and being careful while standing up.
But I am sure now, it takes more than a week to feel normal and at least two weeks before you can ignore you had LiS.
I still have the burning sensation at BM, will go away after sit bath. I am so curious to see what is down there. I have decided not to go back to work untill Wednesday.
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Postby Strangeworldaf » 09 Aug 2012, 18:41

Hope you are doing well....
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

10th day

Postby fisure_35 » 10 Aug 2012, 17:25

All seem to be ok so far as far as life style goes. I am avoiding anything major physically out of carefulness not by limitation.
Now the sad part is I check myself in mirror and saw a red small pee size red color thing, don't know if that's the surgery area or if it is out come of something. It is little away on left hand side from the hole. Any one has a clue? I took doc appointment on Monday just to check everything is fine. I am not drinking this weekend especially after seeing this red thing :)
fisure_35
Fibre Addict

Postby Strangeworldaf » 10 Aug 2012, 18:13

I think it's a skin tag....does it hurt when you touch it?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fisure_35 » 10 Aug 2012, 20:30

Strangewoldaf
Does not hurt much. I never saw this before my LIS.
I remember feeling small lump in the days when my fissure is bad. Why is it red? Did my CRS cut that lump?
Do you know what will happen now, will it go away?
fisure_35
Fibre Addict