New to the forum and a survivor of the dreaded anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the forum and a survivor of the dreaded anal fissure

Postby Survivor87 » 02 Aug 2012, 07:35

Hello everyone, i am new to the forum and as a survivor of an anal fissure i thought i should let you all know what worked for me. My anal fissure first came about a week after i gave birth to my son. At first i thought it was hemmerhoids but turns out it wasnt. The pain going toilet is the worst feeling i have ever felt in my life its like a glass/razor cuttig through your bum hole every time you pass a bowel movement thats if you even manage to through fear of passing out. I would actually go as far as to say the pain is worse than child birth i would happily give birth then have an anal fissure.
When i first got my anal fissure i didnt want to tell anyone because it really is embarassing but in the end i confided in my mum who kindly went to the chemist for me and asked them for something to help me they gave me stool softner which was a big help because it made bowel movements pass through easier and softer but this did not get rid of the fissure itself so the problem was still there i wa also offered suppositories but tbh i didnt fancy sticking that bullet shaped thing up there!! After a week my fissure wasnt hurting anymore so i jumped for joy thinking it had finally gone until i went out to eat at nandos to only find the next day when having a bowel movement the fissure had returned lol so i thought enoughs enough i have to get it sorted because it was really making me ill and depressed. I went to the doctors and she examined me and could not see anything wrong so prescribed me with more stool softner and laxative tablets and told me to drink loads of water. So i done all of these things but nothing changed so i continued in pain until i had my 8 week after birth check with my doctor and i decided i better not suffer in silence and told her my problem she was really nice about it and asked about my diet which by now i had changed completly eating more fibre no white bread only brown and no choclate or crisps and plenty of water and apple juice. However, the thing that banished my fissure was the cream she perscribed for me its called glyceryl trinitrate its a rectal ointment that yOu have to appy internally with your finger. This has worked 100% for me within a couple of the days i had no pain and was back to my normal self but i have continued with eating more fibre and cutting out crisps and chocolate and its really been doing me good. I hope this may help someone else because i know how painful it is and how depressing it can be to live with a fissure. Happy healing people!
Survivor87
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New to the forum and a survivor of the dreaded anal fissure

Postby Ever the Optimist » 02 Aug 2012, 10:31

Hi Survivor,
Great news that you finally got over that horrible thing! and glad you're getting your life back on track....
I used Diltizam cream, which worked wonders for me too. Keep up the good work with your diet...Mine has changed for life too since having anal issues! No more straining for me!! It's always great to hear a positive healing story :D
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Neen » 02 Aug 2012, 10:55

Good for you, glad you didnt have to suffer for too long!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Survivor87 » 02 Aug 2012, 11:59

Yeah i know im one of the lucky ones!
Survivor87
Fibre Addict

Postby 3 years now » 12 Aug 2012, 09:52

glyceryl trinitrate - is that nitro cream? What is it?
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Savaici » 12 Aug 2012, 12:46

Yes, 3 years now, it is nitro cream. In the UK it is called Rectogesic. In the US, I believe it has to be made up by a compounding pharmacy.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Survivor87 » 13 Aug 2012, 15:39

Yes a nitro cream. For me it worked wonders the fissure healed up in a matter of about 2 days but about a week ago i got another fissure and have now realised the cause of why i get them is from every time i eat pizza so i have now stopped eating pizza completly! And my fissure went in a day after applying the nitro cream. Also when going to the toilet you really need to make sure you relax i know its hard because you feel terrified and dread the pain but think about something else and relax whole body and do not tense it just makes it worse.
Survivor87
Fibre Addict

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 16:13

Survivor, --How long you had fissure and in how many weeks or days it got healed.
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Survivor87 » 13 Aug 2012, 19:35

I had my fissure for 2 months and it healed using the cream, changing diet within a couple of days.
Survivor87
Fibre Addict

Postby Strangeworldaf » 13 Aug 2012, 20:00

Survivor87--- did you re-tear your fissure within those months you had fissure? and how many time?
Strangeworldaf
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8