Healing with the best BM

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healing with the best BM

Postby Buttinpain » 08 Aug 2012, 09:58

Hi Everyone,
My anal fissure is healing but it has been a slow process. 5 months now. Best things I have found that work are: nitro cream, heating pad, baths and miralax. I feel that I could heal completely if I could just get my BM's right. To me the perfect BM is: formed but soft, can't really feel coming out (no straining), only once a day and not to have the feeling that there is still some left.
My best formula to date is:
1/2 teaspoon of miralax at night (think it is making me burn)
2 dulcolax at night
3 prunes with lunch
24 oz water (I'm sure I don't drink enough but never have)
Outcome: Had a day that was perfect so kept up with it!! Lately days are 2-3 BM's with burning and achy pains.
How do you keep it soft but only one BM per day? What is your best forumla and outcome???
Thanks!
Buttinpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Healing with the best BM

Postby dan2012 » 10 Aug 2012, 08:41

Hello buttinpain,
I'm going for 1/8 teaspoon (basically half a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon) miralax after my biggest meal, which is my lunch. Has been working well.
Another thing that is highly recommended by many people is high quality olive oil (cold pressed extra virgin italian, not store brand, you can gauge the quality by the price, should be at least 8-10 US dollars for a small bottle), really "lubricates" the stools like nothing else without the acidity of the cheap stuff. I'm taking 1 teaspoon with every meal roughly and this is helping me more than the miralax.
Water? MORE! You really need to shoot for 2 liters a day, which is around 66 ounces. In my dry days, 1-2 months ago, I used take around 30 ounces and my BMs were quick to punish me.
I can tell you right now that if you are taking a ton of fibers like most folks here, you need more water than 24 ounces. I take 24 ounces in the morning, 24 ounces in teh afternoon and 18 ounces after dinner. In order to help digestion, I only take a small glass after the meal and wait 1 hour before taking more water - too much water with meals might give you indigestion.
Please try more water for a couple of days and tell me the good results you had :)
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Healing with the best BM

Postby Buttinpain » 12 Aug 2012, 08:51

Great words of wisdom!!
Where I'm at now:
1 teaspoon of miralax
4 prunes
30 ounces of water (I do drink other stuff mainly coffee and wine - yes I know - very bad)
BM's are close to perfect but still go 2 - 3 times a day. Sometimes have pressure, like I feel I need to go, and my internal piles swell making me very uncomfortable.
1/8 teaspoon of miralax is not very much. I wish I could only take this amount. Now that I'm only taking 1 teaspoon, the miralax is not burning as bad as it was so thats good. Just have to find the magic amount to take.
Yes, read about the olive oil. Tried it by taking 1 tablespoon before bed. Was okay first two days and then yuck! Need to add to something else to eat. Will add this today and see how it goes.
I know I should drink more water. I've never been a big drinker of water and I drink more now than I have my whole life. I tried more water yesterday and will continue and hopefully results will be better.
Thanks for your words of advice! It really helps!
Buttinpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3