Shoma : Query about Nitroglycerin

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Shoma : Query about Nitroglycerin

Postby shobhit178 » 05 Sep 2012, 11:30

Hi Guys
I thank the owner of this blog. It means a lot to all of us for being able to share and support each other.
I am 27 , from India and am dealing with AF for last 6 months. I had one 3 years back and it healed. But now I have the same story. I haven't seen any bleeding yet , but still it hurts most of the time. I am not able to concentrate on anything and life is hell.I have a strict diet. I am vegetarian , non smoker and non drinker.
The doctors I visit want me to go for surgery . I am not sure about it. I am using Policresulenum [Policresulenum 50 mg, Cinchocaini hydrochloridum 10 mg v 1 g] but not helping the healing
I heard about Nitroglycerin , but haven't got any recommendation. Is it safe to use ?
Please guide what I should do.
I appreciate your help and support.
shobhit178
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Shoma : Query about Nitroglycerin

Postby Savaici » 05 Sep 2012, 19:16

Hello Shobhit178, and welcome. Sorry you have to be here, but you found the best fissure forum on the 'net!
I looked up what you have been prescribed, and could only find information in German, but from that it would appear that this is a treatment for hemorrhoids, as that was the only ailment mentioned. 
Nitro ( Glyceryl Trinitrate ) is often prescribed for fissures, but a number of users report getting headaches when using it, which quite often wear off after about two weeks. For anal fissures, it is prescribed in doses of from 0.2-0.4mg. It relaxes the muscle (the spincter) around the anus allowing the fissure to heal. 
Here is a link to various posts about nitro (GTN):
http://anal-fissure.org/search?search_keywords=Nitro
All the best
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 Sep 2012, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammar...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby shobhit178 » 06 Sep 2012, 14:39

thanks savaici for the reply. I purchased nitro today , got a bad headache now. Looks like I used it to much. The pain is also more today (it was more before using the nitro as well). Its 2 am here. Cant sleep because of the pain. Cant find any pain killer as well. Trying to meditate and get the things out of my mind.
shobhit178
Fibre Addict

Postby shobhit178 » 06 Sep 2012, 14:48

I use NATUROLAX as a laxative , but its not helping and I am having hard stool. Its tough to find miralax and Clearlax here , wish I had a amazon home delivery here.
shobhit178
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 07 Sep 2012, 09:08

Shobhit178,
I use Milk of Magnesia. Always have for the past six years. Miralax was too strong for me. I have a very light diet, in order to have easy BMs the next day. Very boring, but that is what I have to do in order to not suffer too much pain. I have just stayed with what helps me, and I also take multi vitamins too.
You need to make sure you have enough fibre in your diet, but not too much. I think there is a link for Mayo clinic on here, with the latest info on fibre. I only have about 20mg of fibre a day and I drink enough water that my urine is mostly clear. I don't overdo anything - that is my life now...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222