Please help....scared and uncertain! AF or hemorrhoids?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Please help....scared and uncertain! AF or hemorrhoids?

Postby davidchicago » 05 Sep 2012, 19:24

Thank you in advance for those of you who are reading this. I hope some of you are able to respond and enlighten me. Here are the facts.....
1. A couple of weeks ago I started going to the bathroom less regularly, about every 2 days. I now realize this probably was from eating large amounts of a crunchy granola and not enough liquids. My feces became rather large and difficult to pass. I was straining to get them out.
2. A few days ago, I quit smoking and my digestive system is now a wreck. I am drinking large amounts of water now, and basically eating vegetarian....lots of fruits and juices.
3. I started developing very sharp pains inside my ass, which seem to be triggered by the same muscle that allows me to push out feces and pee. The pain is triggered when pushing.....when trying to stop peeing....and when I cough. I also get some pain when I get up from a seated position too quickly.
4. I went to the ER the other day and will see a proctologist on Friday. I had no infection in my urine and a stomach xray showed some gas and small amount of feces in my intestine.
5. I have had no blood in my feces whatsoever. This pain has been going on for about 3-4 days now.
Any thoughts? Thank you again....I really appreciate any info.
davidchicago

Topics: 1

Re: Please help....scared and uncertain! AF or hemorrhoids?

Postby 2aussieMom » 05 Sep 2012, 21:25

It's good you will be able to see someone soon, so you won't have to keep stressing. Congratulations on stoping smoking.
"Most" of the time with hemorrhoids or a fissure you will have pain at the anus when you wipe, and it will feel irritated. Sometimes you will feel "something extra" on the outside. It is not necessary to have bleeding.
I'm making the assumption that you are male (David). If the ER doctor did not check your prostate, I'm sure the proctologist will. Sometimes a prostate infection might cause some of the symptoms you are having. Now don't panic about my question. Actually prostatis is easier to cure than a fissure!'
Good Luck.
2aussieMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6