Help! Surgery in a few days time!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Help! Surgery in a few days time!

Postby palash » 17 Sep 2012, 15:48

Ok, so the thing is I've caved in and resorted to surgery. The nitro cream-daflon-danzen road has ended for me. Now the thing is, my poo is not keeping soft with the stool softener im taking( it's called lactulose ), I have to take 30 ml ( thrice the required ), before I get a 'normal' consistency. Have I become addicted to it? Because at first, 10 ml worked for me... But slowly I had to increase the dosage. Ok so after the surgery, I've heard my poo must be soft and slender, but how is that possible???? For me, it's either diarrhea or normal consistency... It seems no where close to 'soft'. Any non addictive laxatives/softeners out there? I don't want the fissure problem to rear it's ugly head ever again, never in this life:( *fingers crossed+knock on wood* )
palash
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Help! Surgery in a few days time!

Postby Savaici » 18 Sep 2012, 08:55

Good luck with your surgery!
If you look further down on this list, you will find many posts by those who have had the surgery. Especially check out Davo's posts, though there are many others with great suggestions.
All the best and keep us up to date with how everything goes, palash! Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222