help , think i have a tooth abscess ,more pain killers

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

help , think i have a tooth abscess ,more pain killers

Postby richibeno » 23 Sep 2012, 00:11

hi guys it never rains it poors ,masive tooth pain now as well as the fissure
fissure pain was getting managable too
im scared now of taking even more pain killers for this tooth pain ,ans maybe antibiotics ,because these can cause upset stomachs ie diarrhea which is no good for my fissure have started taking the biactol yogs to help any other ideas please thanks
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Re: help , think i have a tooth abscess ,more pain killers

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2012, 09:38

Hi,
Oh I feel your pain I used to say nothing worse than a toothache untill I had a fissure Image . Get to the dentist sort it out asap you really don't need to be dealing with a toothache right now. Clove oil is great for toothache.

Postby Lauren12 » 23 Sep 2012, 10:45

I agree, go to the dentist. When I had my chronic fissure I had to have root canal surgery on a tooth! Luckily the dentist had experienced his own painful medical condition in the past, so was very sympathetic to me - but I also obtained a dental prescription for Valium (low dose) which I took just to cover the appointment. It's a muscle relaxant as well as an anti-anxiety med, so relaxes the anal sphincter muscles which are responsible for those pesky spasms which cause pain when people have fissures. If you do use valium however, you may need to get someone to accompany you to the surgery and back. All the best.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby richibeno » 23 Sep 2012, 11:37

dont mind the dentist .this tooth just so happened to flair up when i have a fissure and recovering from polyp removal and botox ,
was easing off pain meds too ,but now taking them all day and night ,plus i imagin antibiotics tomorrow,
richibeno
VIP

Postby Lauren12 » 23 Sep 2012, 11:53

I know, it's a bummer isn't it when it all occurs at once. You'll get through though, so sending hugs and good wishes. At least when you've been to the dentist and received some treatment, you can eventually ease off on the painkillers again. I take it you already know the maxium painkillers it's safe to take each day and what you can safely take in conjunction with what? Toothache's one of the worst kinds of pain, but you'll soon be through it.
I'm not sure that all antibiotics cause diarrhoea. I'm not sure that those dentists tend to prescribe do.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby richibeno » 23 Sep 2012, 11:59

ive been taking ibruprofen 200mg x2 every 4-5 hours and a parcetamol inbetween ,was taking them last night to because pain was bad , saw my gp last week asking about pain meds for when i go back to work ,he gave me 400mg ibroprofen ,bit scared about taking them ,(strong)
just gutted this tooth has flaired up
amoxcullen is the norm dentist give out(penacillin)
have been ok on it before
it was an other type of antibiotic that started of this fun fissure
richibeno
VIP

Postby Lauren12 » 23 Sep 2012, 12:34

As long as you don't exceed the maxium daily doses of ibuprofen and paracetemol stated on the box, or take it more frequently than it directs, you should be fine.
I can see why you have reservations about antibiotics if that was the cause of your fissure. Might be worth mentioning to the dentist that an antibiotic caused your fissure so you don't want anything that's going to give you diarrhoea.
I'd ring your dental surgery first thing in the morning to get an emergency appointment. If for any reason you can't, there are emergency dental clinics at some hospitals, although I'm sure your surgery will give you an appointment. By tomorrow night I'm sure you'll have relief from it. Let us know how it goes.
I've never taken 400 mg ibuprofen, but was taking prescription Diclofenac for a long time, which is another NSAID, like ibuprofen, but only available on prescription as it's more powerful than the NSAIDS available over the counter. It really worked for me. Unfortunately I can't take any form of NSAID now, as taking Diclofenac long term eventually caused my stomach to become upset every time I took it (I feel nauseous if I take it now). I did always take care to only take it on a full stomach, but still I developed some stomach upset. I was taking it every day for months however, if not a year or more. Luckily I don't need it now anyway as my fissure is cured because I had the LIS operation.
All the best to you.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby richibeno » 24 Sep 2012, 08:51

well i got antibiotics ,and have used clove oil (great stuff)
not needed to many pain meds today
have been windy though maybe pain meds maybe antibotics ,and had a bm explosion if i may call it that, very windy and wham out it comes ,but i am hurting from that now ,hope it all calms down soon,
any ideas how to stop bm explosions
richibeno
VIP

Postby Lauren12 » 24 Sep 2012, 10:02

Glad to hear you've got treatment and haven't needed too many pain meds today. Regarding the bm explosion, I sometimes get those when I'm nervous about something - and in the situation you described with the toothache I would have been nervous! It might be the antibiotics, but as you've only started them today, it seems a bit unlikely. I suspect the bm's will settle down to normal, provided your diet is the same as normal, unless the antibiotics are causing it.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2012, 11:18

Hi,
glad Clove oil is helping it's great stuff 😊. Are you still taking movicol etc? Maybe your taking too much??