Daktacort cream- ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Daktacort cream- ?

Postby fitchatak » 24 Sep 2012, 14:08

Hi there - When I visited my CRS last week - he put me on a cream called Daktacort to treat the chronic inflammation of my butt. To be honest the itchiness Image was driving me more mad than the pain- the pain was a relief after the itching! So I've been using it for a couple of days and feel quite a bit better - I've kept using the nitro too- although my CRS didn't particularly see the point of this, but I find that the nitro cream soothes the area and helps the pain - I also have a quiet, secret hope that it is making my AF better, but feel strange even expressing that, in case it jinxs it... Anyway what I wanted to ask was has anyone used this cream? I know it is a cortisone and anti fungal combo- I'm to use it twice a day for 6 weeks and then twice a week for 6 weeks - any views anyone? The Pharmacist said that it is prescribed sometimes for hems, so it is ok for bots- just wondered if anyone had tried it?
fitchatak
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Daktacort cream- ?

Postby Lauren12 » 24 Sep 2012, 14:26

I was given it because I developed an allergy to Diltiazem cream which the surgeon had prescribed as a first attempt treatment to heal my anal fissure when the fissure was in the acute phase. It took away the rash and irritation and I stopped using it, so can't comment on long term use. I didn't have any problems with it.
It's not fresh in my memory because this was almost three years ago. I was using the Diltiazem cream for five months, which is far beyond the stage when research shows it's effective, but each time I saw the CRS he said the fissure was healing, so I carried on using it. Eventually I developed an allergy to it.
The AF was finally fixed with the LIS op, some eighteen months later, having had two injections of botox in the meantime!
I recall the surgeon also said to wear only cotton underwear, to use non-biological detergent to wash underwear, rinsing well and not use fabric conditioner.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby fitchatak » 25 Sep 2012, 03:03

Thanks Lauren- I'm definately more comfortable with this cream - such a relief! I'm sleeping much better and beginning to feel more like myself again. To be fair my CRS prescribed Daktocort to sort out the inflammation - he didn't say it would help with the fissure - he is planning some surgery for that, but wanted to sort out the chronic inflammation first. I'm not having an LIS but a fissurectomy and 2 x botox injections I think. Fantastic to hear that you are better - so pleased for you and of course very encouraging for the rest of us. Image
fitchatak
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Lauren12 » 25 Sep 2012, 06:57

Glad you've found some relief. :) When I had the allergic rash, it was responsible for a good part of the pain and discomfort that was plaguing me from down there, in conjunction with the fissure!
Hope to hear soon that both inflammation and fissure have been fixed for you. All the best with your treatment.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist