OUCH! 10 days post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

OUCH! 10 days post LIS

Postby Bumpkin » 24 Sep 2012, 18:11

I know, I know...this topic has probably been covered 5,000 times on this board, but I'm really nervous right now and don't want to look around. :(
I'm having butt pain that is similar to when you get a tetanus shot -- which feels like someone punched you in the arm really hard. The pain is near my LIS site, but radiates out toward my butt cheek and down my leg. The muscles feel really sore, weak, and stiff. Of course, I still have tenderness & discomfort during BMs, but the worst of the pain is AFTER the BM...sore/aching/radiating pain that lasts for hours.
My biggest fear is infection, but I'm on a 3-week course of 2 different antibiotics. I still have drainage, but it doesn't smell and it's not getting worse...but it hasn't really decreased either...I change the gauze every 2 hours. Then I thought maybe the muscle pain is due to subconsciously tightening and splinting the entire area all the time in order to prevent pain...maybe I've exhausted the muscles? I'm also lying around a good bit...which isn't good...but I'm in so much discomfort. Maybe I'm just too mentally dialed in to my butt at this point...I obsess over every feeling down there. I don't know. Thoughts anyone? Have the characteristics of the pain changed over time for any of you?
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: OUCH! 10 days post LIS

Postby snowfight » 27 Sep 2012, 11:35

I had the same radiating pain in the butt and leg. I remember trying to use Icy Hot but it didn't really work. After 3 weeks it just went away.
snowfight
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby richibeno » 27 Sep 2012, 11:54

ive been the same ,i had botox and polyp removal
feels like ive been kicked in the butt with a hob nail boot
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Bumpkin » 27 Sep 2012, 15:23

Thanks for replying guys. Snowfight: It's good to hear your spasms eventually subsided. Maybe the origins of the spasms are too far for something like IcyHot to reach? Richibeno: How long since your procedure?
The only thing that worked for my spasms was 10mg of Valium. Once I took it, the spasms went away. No spasms, and no Valium needed, since.
It's all just so weird. Every day seems to hold new sensations of discomfort. I'm on day #13 and what I feel now is pain with BMs and then a profound muscle soreness for most of the day. Thank God I'm not having anymore spasms. I have my 2 week follow-up with my CRS tomorrow...and I'm going to ask her how long to expect the pain with BMs and muscle soreness. I'm sure she'll give me 'the look', as in "OF COURSE it's going to HURT...I hacked open your butt muscle!" Image But I'm going to ask anyway. Image
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby richibeno » 27 Sep 2012, 16:01

hi im 17 days post op
still have pain every day ,maybe not always enough to take meds,
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28