from annoying fissure to Fistula!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: from annoying fissure to Fistula!

Postby mindfulnesshealing » 17 Oct 2012, 12:36

Hi Ever the Optimist,
I did not realize they would do more than one EUA. It was recommended to me that I allow them to fix what they find under EUA which is a bit scarry for me. I'd like to know what they are going to fix, however if some things require surgery regardless then signing off on those procedures may be an idea for me to consider to avoid a second EUA and the proceudure. Was your EUA under general or local anasthetic?
Thanks for sending the information on the puss. I have found it hard finding information on this and its good to know someone who has also had this experience.
I wish you all the best with your next EUA - when will you be going in again? Thank you for your support. It means allot to me.
JBird
mindfulnesshealing
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Ever the Optimist » 07 Nov 2012, 15:34

Hi Mindfull,
Sorry I missed your post and hope you are OK these days?
I had 2 prior EUA's. The first was for diagnosis of an internal fissure that they couldn't see visibly and then recommendation of the Diltazem cream after, which I used for 7 weeks to help heal the fissure.
The second was to check on the fissure and operate on a Fistula that had developed in the meantime from an abscess.
Unfortunately, fistulas don't self heal and the procedure is necessary but mine (luckily) was small, superficial and easily treatable. A CRS will have no way of telling what state the fistula is in prior to the surgery and will need to perform the EUA to examine the size/ location etc. of the fistula and then operate accordingly. This is a bit scarey as you don't know exactly what will have to be done, but they do advise you of all the options of treatment prior to the EUA and you have to sign to consent to that. I woke up and luckily, found not only had my fissure healed, but the fistula was very easy to treat. I don't regret it!!!
The final EUA, which was scheduled for today was to check on the healing of the fistula. Unfortunately, it had to be cancelled as I developed a virus last week and chest infection so on anti-biotics for that.
As the EUA is done under a general anaesthetic, they wouldn't do the procedure today and I'm going to have to be rescheduled. Normally there wouldn't be a "final" EUA for a simple fistulomy, but when I went for my 3 month post op check-up, I was still getting some discomfort from BM's and very minor discomfort, which my CRS said I shouldn't be getting. Hence - the booking for today!
I'm a bit fed up I have to go back on the waiting list but tbh, I'm NOT in great pain. It's all pretty minor these days and I suspect that scar tissue may well be getting a bit aggravated now and then causing the discomfort. No pus/ no blood/ nothing too nasty anymore glad to say!
Feel free to message anytime with any concerns :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby richibeno » 11 Nov 2012, 09:22

Hey les how are you how did the crs meeting go
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby mindfulnesshealing » 12 Nov 2012, 15:20

Thanks for your comments Ever the Optomist. Sorry to hear that you had to postpone the EUA for a later date. I know how frustrating it is waiting for an appointment. Have you been given a new date? I recently met with a CRS and signed up for surgery, including agreeing to all the possible procedures required. I'm worried about signing off on things that I don't want done, however I don't want to hold back a signature for something they feel is necessary. Signing off on a possible LIS, Fistuloctomy, Hemorrhoidectamy, is scary. My surgery will most likely not be until the new year so I wait...
mindfulnesshealing
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Les104 » 14 Nov 2012, 12:52

Hi guys,
For insurance reasons I had to wait until next year but I am scheduled for Jan 10,2013.. I am looking forward to healing!
Thanks for all the kind words and advice!
Les104
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Ever the Optimist » 14 Nov 2012, 12:59

Oh Les.....what a BUMmer! (Sorry couldn't resist that) but hope you aren't suffering too much in the meantime and all the very best for Jan 10th 2013!!! New year, new start for your bottom. Looking forward to hearing you are healing!!!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again