Light reddish brown blood lately

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Light reddish brown blood lately

Postby CrimsonQueen » 10 Oct 2012, 12:45

So the doc I saw last week thinks I have a fissure (inside the rectum, not visible on the outside). I've had excruciating pain during bm for the past month and a half, after being constipated back in August. He prescribed me Anuzinc w/hydrocortisone...which didn't help at all. Sitz baths haven't helped either. So I went back and saw my usual fam doctor yesterday and he gave me a prescription for Nitroglycerine, but the pharmacy made a mistake and gave me 2% instead of 0.2%! I didn't use it...have to get that changed out for the right mixture.
Anyway as far as the blood color, it started off as bright red that apparently is normal for fissures, but for the past few days the blood has been light reddish brown. The pain is the same. Could the change in blood color be related to using Anuzinc w/cortisone, or something else, or is a variation in blood color normal?
CrimsonQueen

Topics: 1

Re: Light reddish brown blood lately

Postby cherylk » 10 Oct 2012, 12:59

I don't know. Usually, bright red blood is from hemmroids or a fissure. The darker it is sometimes means it is from further upwards (colon polyps, etc.). Hydrocortisone thins the skin. It an be helpful with hemmroids, but usually makes AF's worse because of that.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby CrimsonQueen » 10 Oct 2012, 13:09

Thanks Cheryl, the blood isn't really dark, it's just more pinkish now than bright red. Maybe since it's an internal fissure, it's getting mixed with feces and mucus?? I did feel more pain with the cortisone. I'm hoping the nitro helps. :/
CrimsonQueen

Postby cherylk » 10 Oct 2012, 13:28

I feel like since I had this latest flair up, it may have been meant to be so that I can share all of my knowledge. :roll: If it is more pinkish, I think that it would mean that it is more diluted by something. When I had blood in the urine (which started all of this recent mess), it was very light pink which meant it ha been diluted by urine. Nitro and diiatzem are very similar and Nifidemine also. Good luck!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby CrimsonQueen » 10 Oct 2012, 20:02

Thanks again, good luck to you too. I just got concerned because of the change in color. I'm getting the 0.2% nitro tomorrow...will report back. Image
CrimsonQueen

Postby CrimsonQueen » 17 Oct 2012, 12:19

Just started the nitro yesterday...I noticed one of my eyes is bloodshot today. Has anyone had this happen?
CrimsonQueen