Acupuncture

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Acupuncture

Postby Ever the Optimist » 30 Oct 2012, 05:12

Great news Neen,
I so hope this works out for you. Very interesting stuff about your sugar levels and substitution for more natural methods! I am so glad to hear that it so far seems to be helping you. I think increasing your immunity is also a major factor in healing anything, so great work being done there. I did have acupuncture for an issue a few years ago, totally un-anal related! but I had that same sensation of feeling "high" and great in myself whilst going through it and feel it did help, certainly mentally. If the effects of the treatment are helping you mentally relax, this has to have a postive effect on your physical relaxation, which is so needed when you have those BM's!! I pray for you that the good work continues and truly makes a difference :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby jr2 » 03 Nov 2012, 12:13

This is sounding great so far, Neen. I'm looking forward to hearing about hw the acupuncture goes for you!
I can relate to your weight issue. I'm at 100 pounds. sigh.. i don't ever remember a time when i didn't think carefully about every bite i take and every poo that results from it.
Take care, and I hope things are continuing to go well!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby owmybum » 20 Nov 2012, 12:26

Hey Neen,
How's the acupuncture going? Are you still getting good results?
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Neen » 22 Nov 2012, 19:05

Hi guys! sorry I have not been on lately...my boys are on Thanksgiving break so my time is not my own!Acupuncture has been going really well . My lady (doc?) says she has seen an improvement in my pulse and she is impressed at my ability to move around without what I like to call...my walrus legs...lol...(flopping and dragging instead of actually moving them). She says maybe one more visit and then they will be every couple weeks. I am really pleased. Last night I had thanksgiving dinner! Not alot to most people, but I had turkey, mashed pot, stuffing, sweet potatoes and even apple pie! Nothing bad happened today...I even had round 2! I did however double my miralax and added another stool softener as this is not a daily happening. And I seriously gained a couple pounds! I hope tomorrow is a good day too, then I will get back to eating regular stuff, but it was sooooo nice to eat something besides soup! So, I would recommend acupuncture. I have had to take the financial hit at $60 a pop, but I figured I would rather be healthy and poor than the other way around! (and I am not poor or rich , but you know what I mean). I look forward to my sessions, they are really soothing. Now she is working on my menopausal night sweats, oh and she did some for my sciatica and it helped tremendously. She is really good! If you want to try it, let me know your city and I will see if she knows a good one to recommend. Take care!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 23 Nov 2012, 11:10

Hi Neen,
That is such incouraging news.... I am so pleased for you. I think it is worth every penny if it means physically and emotionally you can feel the benefits.
I will be seeking myself out a acupuncturist sooner rather than later I think!
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Whatever » 01 Dec 2012, 11:32

I now go to an acupuncturist about every 2-3 months for whatever is ailing me at the time - mostly digestive issues relating to the abscess/eating/constipation and especially my menopausal hot flashes- they pretty much subside for 8-10 wks and I go back when they start to increase in intensity and come on more frequently.
I have 2 to recommend to anyone in PHL western suburbs plus my favorite one moved to Tampa, FL last year.
Whatever
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 04 Dec 2012, 20:30

After my gallbladder removal last year and problems with what I thought was hemorrhoids and diarrhea I spend 4 months having treatments with an acupuncturist, at 100 dollars a visit two times a month I did felt better mentally but it didn't stop me from getting the fissure I have now.
I still have the diarrhea problem. I no longer see the acupuncturist.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Neen » 05 Dec 2012, 09:36

I am very pleased with the results I have gotten...have an appt. in an hour and I can't wait!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby cherylk » 05 Dec 2012, 20:22

My chiro did some acupressure treatments today on me. He also worked on my colon from my back side. I think acupressure is very similar to acupuncture. He has done acupuncture on me in the past to help deal with nerve issues in my arms.
@ Neen--Florida is sounding pretty good lately. We hope to go to FMB again this February. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46