Acupuncture

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Acupuncture

Postby Neen » 22 Oct 2012, 13:23

I decided to give acupuncture a try. Today was my first go at it. The needles were itty bitty, nothing like in the movies! I didn't even feel them as my threshold for pain is probably pretty high after fissures, LIS and fissurectomy in April and another fissurectomy and pile removal in September. Hey, it certainly cannot hurt me at this point...I need to heal! :D
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Acupuncture

Postby owmybum » 23 Oct 2012, 03:31

Neen, I am very interested to find out how you get on with it. Please post. I have been thinking about acupuncture or reflexology as an aid to healing and would really like to hear of others experiences.
I hope it has some positive results for you
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Ever the Optimist » 23 Oct 2012, 13:52

Also very interested in reading your posts on the acupuncture! Hope it truly helps :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Neen » 24 Oct 2012, 10:13

Hi OMB and ETO. So I went into the acupuncture place recommended by a good friend. Of course I never in my life thought I would be doing anything like this, but I never thought my asshole would be operated on twice in one year either! First we talked alot about diet and she noticed I was having alot of sugar . I told her I have lost 35lbs...down to 100 soaking wet...so I am trying to gain weight. She said sugar is an inflammatory so I am not doing myself any favors. We talked about having protein in small amts during day as opposed to a protein shake all at once since protein is hard to digest. She suggested cinnamon with cooked down pears and apples as a way to get nutrients as well as cinnamon being an anti-inflammatory. She showed me the chart of meridans in the body which have pressure points that correspond to body parts. For instance she says "No I am not going to stick a needle in your anus". we laughed and I said damn straight you arent..then she showed me the little needles. They are like the thickness of a hair. Then she showed me these hand pellets which are tiny stainless steel balls that are positioned with tape on acupuncture points. They provide ongoing stimulation when pressed throughout the day. There is a pressurepoint on the ear that corresponds to the anus, so I have this little ball , tiny tiny, taped to the point on my ear and I press it throughout the day. It can be on for 2-4 days and since it hasnt caused me any discomfort, I am going to keep it on for the full 4 days. I also was given a Korean hand pellet which is a stainless steel pellet with an accupressure tip, held in place with tape, to provide ongoing low level stimulation to the corresponding points. So I have that on my hand at the point for the coccyx. That I wore for the first day and night, took it off and I wear it at night only until my next appt. . Regarding the acupuncture needles, she felt around at the different spots to get the pressure points, and then stuck the needle in. Honestly it was nothing. She also did some points for my sinuses which I have issues with and she did some for general immunity issues. So I had one in my head,ear, right between my eyes, on my feet and on my lower leg and on my hands and maby others as I couldnt even feel them going in and I wasnt really counting.(she did all of this before the pellet and ball ). Then she put some kinda heat lamp type thing pointed on my legs and feet and I layed there for 15-20 minutes. then it was done and she put the pellet and ball on me. I did feel kinda high all day to be honest. Like from really good sex or from pot (back in the day) (haha both really as I am divorced!) I was tired and slept well and had lotsa dreams. I should say that the day before I went in, I had pooped soooooo much . Then, the day I went, I didnt go at all, then the day after, I went just a baby 2 inch poo in the morning, and a 2 inch baby around noon and so i was getting scared that i would be ripping myself another new one ( I had eaten things that I hadnt had in a while, like peanut butter) Well, I did go then in the evening and it really wasnt bad.It was almost like a prefissure poop...then I went again in the am and it still felt better than it has. So, did one treatment help? I think so..If nothing else it relaxed me sooo much, but I do believe it got my body starting to get things flowing. I am hopeful that going a few more times will speed my healing. As we discussed, having 2 surgeries down there 5 months apart will make my healing slower and I need to give myself a break when I am frustrated. Also as far as cost, my first appt was $60 (US) down from $140 being a referral from a friend. Each session is $60...so, not cheap, but neither is trying every stupid thing I keep trying that doesnt work. So I cant afford to go forever, but I can't afford to NOT go for now and see what happens. I wish I would have done this a year ago when my symptoms were starting! I hope I gave you both an idea of what it is about, will keep you updated. I hope you both feel well and get healed!
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 24 Oct 2012, 12:06

It sounds really promising, even after just one time. How many sessions are you going to have? I will be following your posts very closely. I too pre fissure would never even consider any sort of alternative therapy, but to be honest I would try anything now!
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby cherylk » 24 Oct 2012, 13:13

Neen,
I would stick with the acupuncture if you think it's helping. BTW--I love SW Florida!! Image
I've had it previously (done by my chiro) for various of my ailments.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Neen » 24 Oct 2012, 15:53

I will keep everyone posted....btw...just had another bm and have no pain afterwards...yay me!
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 29 Oct 2012, 11:40

Hi Neen,
How's it been going? How did you get on with the pressure points?
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Neen » 29 Oct 2012, 12:50

Hey OMB, how are you? I actually just got back from my second appt. we did the acupuncture needles and we then did moxibustion . Probably easier for you to google it than for me to try and explain it as I would probably mess it up. Overall I am very happy with my experience so far. I feel so much better . I do have to say that I am a woman of faith and I have been praying up a storm and I have been prayed over for healing as well. So, I give glory to God first, but I believe that the acupuncture has been the help I needed here. I would definitely recommend it. Like I said before though, research and find one with good credentials. The lady i go to went to school in Boston and she cant believe how less strict the schools in Florida are. I am glad she is one of the best! So far so good...oh and yesterday and today = no pain!
Neen
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 29 Oct 2012, 13:48

That's fantastic news Neen. I will def look into it when I get back from holls.
..... Off to google moxibustion now lol.
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum