Effectiveness of Miralax

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Effectiveness of Miralax

Postby vxnova » 15 Mar 2013, 11:30

I have had two bms since applying the manuka and have not had pain or blood on the tissue yet. I am hopeful that this will heal my fissure but it is still too early. Will still apply the manuka once a day while taking a 1/3 cap of miralax.
vxnova
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby John75 » 15 Mar 2013, 13:15

You can take Mirlax and colace together. Colace will soften it and the Mirlax will push it out. I took 2 colace last night along with a capful of Mirlax and that helped big
Time. I also took 1 colace this morning just to be safe
For throughout the day. Good luck I also struggle with sharp hard bowels it's awful
John75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby vxnova » 16 Mar 2013, 14:39

I had my first unsuccessful bm today as there was a little blood on the toilet paper but it was not very painful and i ate really bad last night so am not surprised. Will eat better and keep on going.
vxnova
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby delasama » 16 Mar 2013, 15:53

Sounds like you need more miralax?
I know everybody is different as far as finding things that work. I have been taking atleast a half cap of miralax with breakfast and a full cap with dinner. I haven't had any problem with bm since I started doing this.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 16 Mar 2013, 17:06

It's very tricky. I think I've finally found near-perfect BMs with 2.5 teaspoons of miralax before bed and about 800-1000mg of magnesium, flaxseed oil and olive or grapeseed oil with every meal. But still very swollen and still finding blood half the time, so I can see it takes forever to heal even when it seems the poo is coming out just right.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby John75 » 17 Mar 2013, 10:31

Crayon I been thinking about trying magnesium, I heard its great!. As of now The two colace at night with the Mirlax seems to be working. I also take one colace after breakfast.
John75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 17 Mar 2013, 13:49

It is great -- my only regret is not starting to take it sooner! So much pain could have been avoided. But I know better now so it doesn't matter.
I tried colace once, but I had this terrible reaction where I felt like my whole body was swelling up with water. I gained like 8 pounds of pure water weight in a matter of hours. It was so painful and uncomfortable I didn't take it again, not to mention it didn't even make my poo soft the following day. I know a lot of people have success with it though, so not to scare anyone, I'm sure that hardly ever happens!
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Jackmaniac » 17 Mar 2013, 14:12

The first few times I took Miralax I got heart palpitations, bp skyrocketed, felt like I was going to stroke out. But oddly a store brand PEG version caused no problems like that. I've taken the regular version tentatively a few times since and haven't had those reactions again. Odd as the ingredients are supposedly the same
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby delasama » 17 Mar 2013, 21:53

Jackmaniac-how much miralax did you take? The ingredients are the same and there is only one ingredient.i don't think miralax was the cause, unless you were already dehydrated when you took it or you are allergic to it. I don't know what I would do without miralax! It's the only thing that has helped my fissure. I take a cap full at breakfast and another at dinner.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Jackmaniac » 18 Mar 2013, 06:19

I think I had mixed up half a cap full and just took a few sips. Started feeling the chest pains within a few minutes. Took just the generic for awhile until one day decided to try to Miralax again and didn't get those effects back. Now I'll switch between taking the brand name and generic every few days, but sometimes feel that my BM's burn more when I've taken the Miralax. Pretty weird.
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3