Post-removal pain? (Two weeks after)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Post-removal pain? (Two weeks after)

Postby kyrehe » 01 Nov 2012, 03:43

I'm a 24 year old female with a fissure problem, and I went through about two years of SEVERE pain. Fissure after fissure, followed by two- maybe three hemorrhoids if I'm correct. I saw a GI doctor, who after many different types of treatment, decided that the only way to fix this was botox.
A week before I was to meet my surgeon, I had up and moved to Chicago, where I found my new GI doctor. After two and a half years of excruciating pain every time I had to "go", my first visit with this new GI revealed new information. I had a very angry fissure that refused to heal all this time, due to a large skin tag covering the whole area. The fissure was never healing fully, and returning with a vengeance every few months.
After a couple days, we scheduled the removal of the skin tag (and a couple hemorrhoids) and I am currently healing. I was on an antibiotic (oral) as well as a antibacterial cream for the affected area. I could not finish the oral medication as it kept making me ill. It's been about two weeks now, and I'm starting to have a bit of pain again-- though no where near as bad as it was in my past. However the pain HAD completely subsided almost last week. While I am making an appt to see my GI in the morning, I am wondering if you all had any thoughts as to why I would be in pain again? I am thinking perhaps.. the skin is dry? The feeling is similar (when I wipe, sorry) to when your hands are dry and chapped during the winter and you have to wash them over and over.. Hard to explain.
I will certainly be asking my GI all of this and expressing concern (She's the best person ever.) But I suppose I wanted some input from others who may have had a similar issue.
Thanks for reading. I hope this forum is as welcoming as it seems!
-Ky Image
kyrehe
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Post-removal pain? (Two weeks after)

Postby jr2 » 01 Nov 2012, 14:39

Hi Ky,
I'm sorry you are having so much discomfort still after such a long ordeal. It could be any number of things, which of course needs to be seen by your doctor, but I'm thinking recovery from your procedures is likely to have its ups and downs, with some days of setbacks. It's totally possible that you have some dry skin issues going on. Many of us do. You could ask your doctor what would be safe for you. I have a variety of different products I like to use. I use an organic aloe vera gel as well as an organic cream that contains honey, beeswax, royal jelly, and olive oil. It is really moisturizing and soothing to the area. Some people really love coconut oil but I find it stings my skin for some reason. Some people just use Vaseline. Whatever works!
I hope you will keep us updated on how you are and what your doctor says.
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: Post-removal pain? (Two weeks after)

Postby kyrehe » 14 Nov 2012, 01:23

Thanks!! I heard that coconut oil is really good, too? Hmm.. All so many questions for my poor GI! Her brain might pop...
kyrehe
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5