Could this be chronic anal fissure?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Could this be chronic anal fissure?

Postby tomriddle » 18 Dec 2012, 07:09

Hi. I've been a silent reader of this blog since October. My case of anal fissure started last July 2012- bleeding and sharp pain while defacation for 1 week. I though all was well until after 3 weeks, a hard stool passed and caused pain and bleeding again (for 4 days). At this time, (December 2012), I no longer feel any pain or have blood in the toilet paper as I wipe after my BM. However, my concern is that I frequently get a random pain/ discomfort in the anal/rectal area (can be dull or sometimes a little sharp) at any time of the day. I also noticed that I may have spasms. I'm concerned if this is a case of chronic anal fissure or something else. I know that anal fissure pain is felt during defacation but for my case, it can be at any time of the day. Also, there are no bumps in the anal area as I am also thinking if this could be an abscess. No drainage as well. Could this be a case of chronic anal fissure? please advise. Thanks!
tomriddle

Topics: 1

Re: Could this be chronic anal fissure?

Postby Savaici » 18 Dec 2012, 12:23

Welcome to the forum, and glad you have been reading the posts.
Best bet, if you think you might have an abscess, is to take yourself to your doctor and let the doctor take a look. An abscess does not heal on its own.
Spasms are usually something that you will notice. They mostly are accompanied by pain. A search on here will, I am sure, bring up quite a few posts on spasms. Not nice the pain from this. I am managing to reduce mine by practicing dilation - a chore, but it helps.
Best of luck, and let us know what happens.
Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Could this be chronic anal fissure?

Postby ryrylou » 18 Dec 2012, 19:58

Welcome to the forum. My spasms were quite noticeable for several hours after BM's. It felt like a pulsating pain and there was no relief no matter what position I was in. Not matter what you should at least get it diagnosed. There are several problems that can occur in the anal region and most don't heal quickly. You need to know for sure what it is to get a plan of attack.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7