I am giving up!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: I am giving up!

Postby Fernie1 » 23 Jan 2013, 00:32

Jdchurch I can understand your pain. I had a failed LIS but I know for some it takes longer than the usual 2-4 weeks to heal. I've read on this forum of some people healing after six months. Maybe Crs can prescribe nefedipine or nitro to spead up your healing. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby delasama » 23 Jan 2013, 07:55

i think the metamucil gives me lumpy poop. ouch!gonna call my doc today and chat!
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby GGky1959 » 23 Jan 2013, 13:30

Delasama......I'm not much of a fiber drinker.....I just like the taste...So far its not working...I'm also taking stool softner pills. I'm just dreading my next BM, dreading it more than anything.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby BillUltra » 23 Jan 2013, 17:26

GGky1959 wrote:Hi...new here....I am just devastated in realizing that this thing could last for years. My surgeon told me to eat lots of fiber, drink plenty of water and all should heal on its on...I'm now going on 2 months of this and I see no relief in sight. I'm taking meds to keep the pain at bay and using the bathroom is killing me....I don't think I could live with this pain much longer....I can't believe I'm going out like this.....can't believe it.

You're not gonna like this, but STOP TAKING THE PAIN MEDS. Any opiate drug causes constipation and bulky stools, greatly diminshing your chance of healing.
Please try what worked for me.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby BillUltra » 23 Jan 2013, 17:27

delasama wrote:i think the metamucil gives me lumpy poop. ouch!gonna call my doc today and chat!

I support your decision to question the metamucil. It made my stools large and hard, making my condition worse, not better.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby BillUltra » 23 Jan 2013, 17:29

delasama wrote:billultra have u tried coconut oil? ive been using it but im gonna ask my doc thursday if he thinks its a good idea.

I have never tried coconut oil, but I still consume massive amounts of extra virgin olive oil. I sautee my chicken and tuna and salmon in it, I sautee my veggies in it, and I put it in my rice. I cook my carrots in Ghee butter, which I also put on my broccoli.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby BillUltra » 23 Jan 2013, 17:32

GGky1959 wrote:I need to know is there ever an end in sight...please, I need to know this.

There may be an end in sight, there may not be. It all depends on YOU and your decision to adhere to DIETARY DISCIPLINE, or not. If you eat the right stuff and do the right things, there definitely will be an end in sight. If you keep eating like you've always eaten, you may be struggling indefinitely.
Here's what worked for me:
http://anal-fissure.org/t4752-what-worked-for-me-what-didn-t-work
Good luck.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 24 Jan 2013, 12:47

Fernie, how long did you realize the surgery didn't work. I am going on 4 months in feb. I do feel some what better but it still gets irritation and soreness. I can't workout or sit to long on it. What about a second time with lis? I just want to be back to normal it's been way to long worry about my butt.
Deleted User 1775

Postby Fernie1 » 24 Jan 2013, 23:49

Bill ultra I will second that motion! Pain meds gave me rock hard bm's! They can really make things worse for some of us!
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Postby Fernie1 » 25 Jan 2013, 00:11

Aww Jd you sound like me! I really can relate not just to your physical pain but your mental anguish too. Feels like it will never end..I know! But it will! I'm still hopeful even though after 7 months of LIS i still have fissure pains. So I found out surgery didn't work after 8 weeks..I had my suspicions and then Crs confirmed it. So one doc told me I cant have 2cd LIS because I will be incontenant and because I don't heal fast or well. Still bare in mind this doesn't mean it will be your case. Right now I'm on nitro ointment..it helps. My pain isn't as horrid as pre LIS days but I certaintly cant sit too long with outfeeling pain..even now. I still have soreness and stings on somedays. Keep a good diet..this is very important. JD it will get better. I always compare my progress to 9 months ago when i f Image irst got my fissures. Hope you heal very soon Jd!
Fernie1
Salt Bather