I am giving up!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I am giving up!

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 05 Jan 2013, 12:54

I don't know what to do anymore. It seems like I have tried everything including LIS surgery. It has been three years with dealing with a fissure. I had enough of the pain and intense burning and had the Lis 3 months ago. I thought do the surgery and it would be healed was I wrong. I have not had a day where I have not felt something going on with my butt. The last two days I am starting to feel the burn after going to the bathroom. Does any one think a second Lis surgery would work? I get so sad that it putting a strain with my husband. Plus it gets very expensive. Any advice from people who had Surgery and how long did it take for them not to feel anything again. Please Help!
Deleted User 1775

Re: I am giving up!

Postby suzyljank » 05 Jan 2013, 13:53

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling so down. LIS works most of the time but sometimes it fails. I had LIS and it didn't work. Usually it's because not enough was cut or simply because you have too much scar tissue. If your anus is narrowing because of scar tissue than you might need the advancement flap surgery. It takes a piece of healthy tissue and it's stretched to cover the fissure if there is one and extends into the rectum to enlarge it. Basically so it can stretch properly again. That's my next step. I'm working up to it but I can understand your frustration. When the bad days start to out number the good ones it can take over your life. It's pretty sad when you get up in the morning and the first thing that comes to mind is will it hurt when I have a bm. I hope you find the answer for you soon, but please try not to give up. You're not alone. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby owmybum » 06 Jan 2013, 06:31

I am so sorry you feel your surgery has failed. It must be so soul destroying.
Have you been back to your crs for a check up to see what's going on?
By all accounts surgery can take along time to fully heal.. I am sure someone with experience can shed some more light on this for you.
Hang on in there
OMB xxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby BillUltra » 20 Jan 2013, 13:44

Like you, I also felt nothing would ever work to help my condition. Before you completely give up, please check out what worked for me:
http://anal-fissure.org/t4752-what-worked-for-me-what-didn-t-work
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 21 Jan 2013, 19:26

Thanks billultra! Did you have lis surgery? If so how long ago? I will look into what is working for you. I stopped the stool softeners because I think that caused my severe burning. Try to get my fiber thru food and drinking lots of water. Please keep me posted.
Deleted User 1775

Postby BillUltra » 22 Jan 2013, 12:10

I did have LIS 5 years ago to treat an on-and-off anal fissure that I had been suffering from for 20 years. I had been healed and was eating anything I wanted from that surgery until March 2012, when my doctor removed a polyp from my upper anus during a coloscopy. The polyp never healed, and after a bout of constipation the wound turned into a fissure that was much worse than my previous one. Since I'd already taken the surgery route, I had to treat this one with diet and baths and ointments.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby delasama » 22 Jan 2013, 14:57

billultra have u tried coconut oil? ive been using it but im gonna ask my doc thursday if he thinks its a good idea.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Jan 2013, 15:15

Hi...new here....I am just devastated in realizing that this thing could last for years. My surgeon told me to eat lots of fiber, drink plenty of water and all should heal on its on...I'm now going on 2 months of this and I see no relief in sight. I'm taking meds to keep the pain at bay and using the bathroom is killing me....I don't think I could live with this pain much longer....I can't believe I'm going out like this.....can't believe it.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Jan 2013, 15:16

I need to know is there ever an end in sight...please, I need to know this.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby delasama » 22 Jan 2013, 17:32

i cant believe im going out like this either! just gotta keep on keeping on.dont give up and enjoy all the little things.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31