stomach issue

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

stomach issue

Postby stupidanalfissure » 15 Jan 2013, 15:08

hey all..
im going through the fissure healing process right now.
i have been having this upper stomach type pain recently. its like a hunger pain that starts in the middle of my stomach just under the sternum than radiates to each side of stomach. i have no bloating.. no diahrhea.. not a ton of gas.. it is consistent whether i eat or not.. any ideas? my fiber intake and stool softner intake has remained the same for nearly 2 months.
stupidanalfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: stomach issue

Postby Deleted User 1497 » 16 Jan 2013, 18:26

hi
do you think its acid reflux? or just a change of your diet?
Deleted User 1497

Postby Lauren12 » 16 Jan 2013, 18:43

Are you taking any NSAID type painkillers? I took Diclofenac for a long time (a prescription strength NSAID) and for a year or two I was fine with it. However it eventually started upsetting my stomach in the way you describe and I had to stop taking it. Now I can't even take over the counter Ibuprofen as it has the same effect. The same thing happened to a friend of mine who was taking Diclofenac long term because of a hip operation.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby stupidanalfissure » 16 Jan 2013, 22:30

Hey perfect its not a burning so not sure if its acid reflux.. My diet has been the same for about 1.5 month never been gassy or anything...
I take Advil or ibuprofen every once in awhile... But no overkill..it's like a pain that comes in go like hunger.. It's not all day.. Sometimes hurts if I press out my belly.. Never stabbing like a bit more painful stomach hunger pains..
stupidanalfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby suzyljank » 16 Jan 2013, 23:04

Hi, sounds like acid reflux. It could also be a symptom of an ulcer. You should check with your doctor. I get that gnawing feeling, it kind of feels like you're really hungry. I have really bad reflux, I have to take 4 Prevacid daily and sometimes that doesn't help. Keep your meals small and sleep with your head elevated. Hope you feel better soon. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Deleted User 1497 » 17 Jan 2013, 07:48

good morning,
i have had acid reflux 3 times and boy for me it was super bad and painful. suzy can possibly also say that from her writings i can see. i took maloxx for mine that is the only thing that worked for me. its been a couple years now but you dont forget that feeling.
Deleted User 1497