2 months after LIS. Leakage after BM.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 2 months after LIS. Leakage after BM.

Postby aimonaali » 12 Feb 2013, 13:36

Nope. It's just fecies. Like I didn't wipe enough after BM (although I did). It's been almost three months since my LIS. And the incision wound still hurts:/ I'm not sure if these things are related...
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Re: 2 months after LIS. Leakage after BM.

Postby BarbC » 27 Mar 2014, 12:37

Hi everyone,
I hate to jump into someone else's thread, especially one that slowed to a stop in February, but I am having a similar leakage problem two months after surgery. My leakage is a clear liquid, for the most part, and is destroying the tissue around my anus. The liquid burns and has made my bottom raw and the skin itself is seeping. Every BM is torment and I am averaging two to three hours of sleep at night. The severe burning and having to go feeling keeps me awake. I am using non-sting barrier film to keep the skin damage confined, but I have nothing to help the damaged skin heal. Calmoseptine reduces the burning feeling around the anus, but not inside the anus itself.
My CRS decided that it was time to go back to an end ileostomy, giving up on my J-pouch altogether, but the surgery is not until April 18 and the skin damage around my anus is growing.
Any suggestions?
BarbC
This too shall pass -- won't it?
BarbC
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2