2 months after LIS. Leakage after BM.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 months after LIS. Leakage after BM.

Postby aimonaali » 22 Jan 2013, 14:58

Hello and greetings from Finland.
So it's been two months since my surgery. I had my last check up a week ago and the doctor said the fissure had healed. The wound from the surgery is still a bit sore. The problem I now have is that after BM there seems to be leakage. I wash my butt with water and wipe it clean and in a couple of hours it's like I hadn't wiped at all... I don't get marks on my underwear and I've only noticed this leaking a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if it's been happening all along or just now started. It might have something to do with how solid my poo is:P
Anyway this really worries me. Does anyone have similar problems? Is it going to get better?
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Re: 2 months after LIS. Leakage after BM.

Postby ryrylou » 23 Jan 2013, 19:46

I had my LIS almost 2 months ago, and I have the same problem. I had this similar problem before with the AF though, so it hasn't really concerned me all that much. I figure as long as it's just a little leakage and doesn't make it to my underwear I can deal with it. It is a lot better than dealing with the AF pain.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby richibeno » 23 Jan 2013, 21:00

Hi
I have a similar problem my surgeon said mine could be down to taking stool softners
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 24 Jan 2013, 12:39

I also have a small amount of leakage. Not in my underwear but a little bit after you go to the bathroom 30 mins to a hr after going. I had lis surgery 3 months ago. I might have to wipe a few times a day just to make sure.
Deleted User 1775

Postby aimonaali » 25 Jan 2013, 02:29

Thanks for the answers. I'd also like to know if you had this problem right after the surgery or was it something that only started to happen two months after or something like that? Also, does it happen after every BM or just sometimes?
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 26 Jan 2013, 11:56

Well I couldn't tell after surgery because I had discharge but a month after or so I could tell it was some leakage. My incision site is taking awhile to heal I still wear a little gauze. It usually happens all the time so more then others. How about you? How long for you it took to heal? Is your fissure gone? I still get a bit soreness and irritation but not as bad as before surgery. You are only a month behind me and was curious how you feel.
Deleted User 1775

Postby aimonaali » 27 Jan 2013, 02:40

The incision site sometimes still burns a bit but usually I'm totally pain free. The doctor said that the fissure is completely gone and he could not even see it anymore. That being said I just had a quite hard BM and I definetely felt some pain in the fissure area and now my butt is a bit sore:/ I'm afraid I ripped it open again.
How can I be sure when it's completely healed? Does the fissure even heal completely or is there always gonne be a "weaker area" where it was..?
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 1775 » 27 Jan 2013, 10:22

I was told my fissure was healed but I still get a sore feeling not bad when I go to the bathroom but after I go for awhile. It is so annoying. Then I worry its coming back. I am going to a new CRS in feb to see what is going on. But I do say if I can keep my stools soft it is better then before surgery. I just want it to go away for good. I have a hard time if I workout or sit a long time. I read on this forum that it could takes a year to where its 100%. The skin is so fragile. Have you gone back to your CRS?
Deleted User 1775

Postby aimonaali » 29 Jan 2013, 10:14

I went back one "extra" time because my incision wound was acting up. Now I'm wondering if I shoulf go because of this leaking thing... But that doesn't seem to happen after every BM. Also it seems that if I walk a lot after having a BM the problem gets worse.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Davo » 11 Feb 2013, 08:42

Hi,
Is your leakage a light brown/yellowish colour?
This is quite common during 8-12 weeks post surgery. Basically this is the final stage of the incision wound healing and is normally just a small amount of seepage from the wound which is more prominent following a BM.
It only lasts a week or two and should not be confused with incontinence.
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42