I just had a spasm free bowel movement!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I just had a spasm free bowel movement!!

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2013, 10:35

I just wanted to post what I have been doing in hopes that it might help someone else. My fissure has been going on now for 8 weeks. I have tried nifedipine suppositories twice, and have had little relief with them, but i have to add that I was still trying to regulate my bowel movements and was using the toilet several times a day, which i think was keeping me inflamed and irritated. I now have myself regulated where I only go once a day, and that is when I get up in the mornings. Here is my routine....I get up at least 30 mins earlier than I need to so I can have time to do a sitz bath after bowel movement before getting ready for work. I have a bowl of instant oatmeal with whole fiber toast and add 2 teaspoons of Simply Right clear soluble fiber powder. (purchased at Sam's Club) It is tasteless and can be added to beverage or soft food. It can also be used when you cook. I then drink a 16 oz bottle of over the course of a few hours with the fiber added to it also. For lunch, I have a regular bottle of water with my food. With my dinner I have another bottle of water with fiber added to it. Before bed, I take two equate brand stool softners with about 6-8 oz water. I am also using calmoseptine ointment after bowel movement and whenever i get that itchy burning feeling. It does burn a little at first but that does subside, and keeps the area protected. I also use a little vasoline right before my bowel movement. This morning I had my first spasm free bowel movement in 8 weeks. Sorry this post is so long, but I was so happy to feel like all this trial and error stuff might actually be working, and I wanted to share and maybe help someone else. This board has been a lifesaver for me. Thanks!

Re: I just had a spasm free bowel movement!!

Postby PIA » 26 Jan 2013, 11:02

Great to hear Nesie. Looks like you have found a program that works for you. Being free of spasm can certainly put a smile on my face and give me hope that I can get this thing healed. I think we need to Keep constant with our habits even after you are pain free to maximise our chance of healing completely .
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Re: I just had a spasm free bowel movement!!

Postby delasama » 26 Jan 2013, 11:27

had two bm's this morning. feel like i can barely walk. im gonna try to get some stool softeners from wallgreens today
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Happy for you

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Feb 2013, 18:05

nesie wrote:I just wanted to post what I have been doing in hopes that it might help someone else. My fissure has been going on now for 8 weeks. I have tried nifedipine suppositories twice, and have had little relief with them, but i have to add that I was still trying to regulate my bowel movements and was using the toilet several times a day, which i think was keeping me inflamed and irritated. I now have myself regulated where I only go once a day, and that is when I get up in the mornings. Here is my routine....I get up at least 30 mins earlier than I need to so I can have time to do a sitz bath after bowel movement before getting ready for work. I have a bowl of instant oatmeal with whole fiber toast and add 2 teaspoons of Simply Right clear soluble fiber powder. (purchased at Sam's Club) It is tasteless and can be added to beverage or soft food. It can also be used when you cook. I then drink a 16 oz bottle of over the course of a few hours with the fiber added to it also. For lunch, I have a regular bottle of water with my food. With my dinner I have another bottle of water with fiber added to it. Before bed, I take two equate brand stool softners with about 6-8 oz water. I am also using calmoseptine ointment after bowel movement and whenever i get that itchy burning feeling. It does burn a little at first but that does subside, and keeps the area protected. I also use a little vasoline right before my bowel movement. This morning I had my first spasm free bowel movement in 8 weeks. Sorry this post is so long, but I was so happy to feel like all this trial and error stuff might actually be working, and I wanted to share and maybe help someone else. This board has been a lifesaver for me. Thanks!

I'm so jealous of you and happy at the same time.....god bless you
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25