Any suggestions for pain relief?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Any suggestions for pain relief?

Postby Jessjess » 03 Feb 2013, 05:47

I'm surprised he didn't prescribe Rectiv. And I looked up Proctofoam. It is also indicated for fissure relief.
Yesterday I layed on my belly all day, stood up, and took baths without ever sitting or laying on my side. I feel much better! Since I have a skin tag, not just a fissure, I think the sitting on the heating pad was putting to much pressure on the skin tag.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby tommyohio » 07 Feb 2013, 17:59

Thanks Jessjess. Do you know of any OTC medications? I have to say I thought he was crazy but the Metamucil seems to be doing the trick. The true test will be trying to resume bike riding which I haven't had the nerve to try yet.
I have found that putting the rice bag just a little bit lower - like under and between my thighs gives enough heat without laying directly on it. Also, placing the rice bag between the cushions of the couch and laying over that so it is not so mounded feels good, too. I hope that can help you. Glad to hear you had a pain free day. Stay strong!
tommyohio

Topics: 1

Postby Chelle16 » 07 Feb 2013, 19:47

Hello,
I found the only relief I ever got was sitting in a hot salt bath - I would have the water so hot that my butt looked like it was sunburnt when I got out! And I also couldn't sit down or lay on my back!
Tommyohio.....I've had LIS for my AF and its been 2 and 1/2 months. Starting to feel some some relief now, but I used to go mountain bike riding before this whole thing!! Can't imagine getting back on a bike yet - hopefully one day. Not sure where you are, but in Australia "Rectogesic" is an OTC medication - you need to talk with the pharmacist, but no script needed. It's nitroglycerin. like Rectiv that jessjess suggested....helps to dilate blood vessels, increasing blood flow to the area to assist in healing. It does give most people a headache for a litle while after - but I found I never had to take anything for this. After the pain of an AF I think I can deal with anything. Even labour wasn't as bad!!!
Good luck - hope you start excercising again soon!
Chelle16
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4