How do you know you have a fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How do you know you have a fissure?

Postby Rackem » 31 Jan 2013, 16:10

How are fissures diagnosed? I recently went to the doctor and he said he thought I had diverticulitis. He said it's possible though that I have a tear that is now healed. He wants me to get a colonoscopy. Can a colonoscopy show a fissure? Is this how most people are diagnosed? I really don't want to pay for a colonoscopy. Please help me with advice.
Rackem
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: How do you know you have a fissure?

Postby delasama » 31 Jan 2013, 16:25

ask doc about anoscopy. google anoscopy
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby ring of fire » 31 Jan 2013, 17:04

Go to a CRS (colon and rectal surgeon) and have them take a look. If the fissure isn't on the outside at all they can see it with a tiny scope just inside the anus.
ring of fire
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Savaici » 31 Jan 2013, 17:57

Diverticulitis is when the diverticula become inflamed, and is quite serious. It is usually diagnosed using an imaging test, such as a CT scan, to help visualize the pouches that are inflamed or infected. Suggest to your doctor that you have a SIGMOIDOSCOPY with a local, which is what I had. If you have an anoscopy it is usually done there and then, and can be painful. I have not heard of a colonoscopy being used to diagnose a fissure, but your doctor might want to test for many other things.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Feb 2013, 13:48

I never heard of fissures either until I got one. I've always had hemorrhoids, its just apart of my DNA....but how do you know you have a fissure....if you take a poop and the only way to survive it is to hold onto to something....and scream at the top of your lungs....chances are you have a fissure rip. I found out I had one at work one day....I'm still the talk of the office and that was 2 months ago.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby HoserBum » 06 Feb 2013, 15:44

GGky1959 wrote:but how do you know you have a fissure....if you take a poop and the only way to survive it is to hold onto to something....and scream at the top of your lungs....chances are you have a fissure rip. I found out I had one at work one day....I'm still the talk of the office and that was 2 months ago.

Dear god I am on the floor right now lmao
For me it was standing up to wipe, looking down and seeing something out of a Saw movie. Nearly fainted when I saw the blood. I had a kidney stone back in university and let me say: like a kidney stone, you'll know it when you feel it.
Kidding aside, see a doctor though just to make sure, but for me it was a feeling of ripping, tearing, blood on the stool and in the bowl, bright red blood, if it's dark and tarry go to an ER now. And just pain. All-encompassing pain in your bum
HoserBum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

ha ha ha

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Feb 2013, 16:52

HoserBum wrote:
GGky1959 wrote:but how do you know you have a fissure....if you take a poop and the only way to survive it is to hold onto to something....and scream at the top of your lungs....chances are you have a fissure rip. I found out I had one at work one day....I'm still the talk of the office and that was 2 months ago.

Dear god I am on the floor right now lmao
For me it was standing up to wipe, looking down and seeing something out of a Saw movie. Nearly fainted when I saw the blood. I had a kidney stone back in university and let me say: like a kidney stone, you'll know it when you feel it.
Kidding aside, see a doctor though just to make sure, but for me it was a feeling of ripping, tearing, blood on the stool and in the bowl, bright red blood, if it's dark and tarry go to an ER now. And just pain. All-encompassing pain in your bum

My blood pressure dropped that day and I went to the er and found about it. I was loosing soooo much blood it was frightening. Deep dark red blood. As I type, I am feeling the urge for my daily torture to resume.....I am having to go late in the evening which is good, because the AM is too much and night is to unbearable....so somehow I'm on a after work schedule to poop. I got my rubber mouth piece to bite down on, my handy grip gloves for the sink and tub and my sitz bath waiting.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25