Has anyone tried Homeopathy?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has anyone tried Homeopathy?

Postby sufferer » 08 Feb 2013, 07:07

wondering if anyone has tried homeopathy and found a cure, or heard of one? I only see one post, that too dated on this topic. So wondering if anyone active on this forum has a case to share? Am seriously considering alternate medicine.
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Has anyone tried Homeopathy?

Postby coconut » 08 Feb 2013, 12:03

Homeopathy is a funny modality. Every once in a while, it seems to produce a miracle - stuff you really can't just explain away. Usually, it doesn't do much at all. The chances of success are better if you get advice from a qualified practitioner. Most of them charge about $300 for a consultation, and some included follow up on that. The remedies themselves are very cheap.
Acupuncture/chinese herbs have some success with this stuff. I'm using it myself. (I'm an acupuncturist.) No success yet, obviously, or I wouldn't be here. I just started a new point combination and I feel like its doing something down there, but no concrete improvement.
There is at least one story on these boards of someone who tried acupuncture and improved, but the practitioner really didn't treat her well. Please find a practitioner who will treat you with integrity concerning money. Acupuncture doesn't have to be extremely expensive and your practitioner should never come back to you in the middle of a course of treatment and tell you that its worse than he/she thought and you should pay more money. That's just wrong.
Long term, stress reduction/meditation techniques are really important to stay healthy. Good diet is important. There seem to be a fair number of people who experience success with a certain kind of honey around here. Honey is the kind of remedy that will work well if your problem is fairly superficial, meaning that its on the surface of the rectum. Its not something I would recommend if you have sphincter muscle involvement.
Two things I can tell you DON'T work. Herbs meant for hemorrhoids, like horse chestnut. Essential oils in the nether regions. (OUCH!) I don't care how pure they are and how safe it is to eat them (it really isn't) don't stick them up you who-ha.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Savaici » 08 Feb 2013, 13:11

Hello sufferer,
I don't know where you are in the world, but this is a link to workingonit and her success:
http://anal-fissure.org/t4349-chinese-medicine-in-canada?highlight=Chinese+medicine+in+Canada
The last time that she was here was 1 December, last year, so I can only hope that she has totally healed.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby coconut » 08 Feb 2013, 13:24

^That's exactly what I'm talking about. Charging $1000 up front and then going back on that and demanding another $600 is unethical. If that practitioner was in my area, I would report them. You can find effective treatment from an acupuncturist who doesn't treat you with such disrespect.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 08 Feb 2013, 13:33

Chinese herbs are CHEAP. They only cost the practitioner about $10 bucks a bottle. Creams are about the same. You have to allow for some additional cost so that they can earn a living, there is also a cost for consultation, since our education is expensive. Average costs are about $100 for initial consultation and $60 for each follow up treatment. Herbs usually go for $30 per bottle. This is all in US dollars, which aren't that different from Canadian dollars. Workingonit could have gotten the same cream for about $24 bucks, if my guess is right about what that guy gave her. It doesn't cost $600.
Many clinics deliberately keep their fees as low as $20 per treatment, so that people can afford to see them as often as they need to get better. $20, not $1000.
People who overcharge, like the above mentioned practitioner, really make me angry. They give my profession a bad name. We aren't all shysters who are going to try to drain you of as much money as possible.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sufferer » 11 Feb 2013, 08:32

Thanks coconut, Savaici. Yes, the challenge is finding the right practitioner. But I think that is the same problem with mainstream medicine (allopathy) as well these days. Lot of research and bit of luck I guess.
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Savaici » 11 Feb 2013, 09:03

I paid, to one hospital doctor, $517 on one day, for a less than 5 minute consultation, and another doctor on the same day slightly more, for fifteen minutes of his time. In all the day cost me $1317.
Do you think, coconut, that drugs in the US would not be cheap if we were not subsidizing research with our dollars.
Please, do not knock suggestions when they have worked for a member, and one that this member investigated thoroughly before using them. The positive is that workingonit was healed . I would go to China if it helped me to be out of pain and healed.
And you are very welcome, sufferer. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Postby coconut » 11 Feb 2013, 16:56

I'm not an expert in Conventional medical costs. I have some strong feelings around that issue, mostly having to do with politics, but I don't think that hijacking this thread to converse about that is really appropriate.
I am an expert in alternative medicines. I have a masters degree and 16 years in the field. The original poster wanted information about alternative treatments. I gave her information.
I don't think its fair to say that I was knocking anyone. I'm not the one who brought up another persons experience. I very purposely avoided doing so because its not fair to drudge up old threads. What I was doing was sharing my expertise, for free, to the original poster about a practitioner, not about a person with AF. Wether it worked for her was never the issue.
How to access acupuncture treatment without getting used or run over by your practitioner is an appropriate topic. Unfortunately, there are some funky things going on in my profession, but most acupuncturists are good people, who want to help and are willing to work honestly with you around cost.
For those of us who don't have $600 to spend on a cream, getting quotes like the afore mentioned one can be devastating, and its very useful to know that this is not the standard of treatment. The same creams/herbs can be purchased for much less money. And one should never stand for any practitioner who gives one price for treatment and then turns around 3/4ths of the way through and demands more.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 11 Feb 2013, 18:09

Sufferer, I hope that you will find something to help you on the forum. We believe in posting the experiences of others here, so that people may draw their own conclusions. workingonit's experience is a recent one and a successful one. I am sure that you can find many homeopaths by searching through google, enough that you may form your own opinions. My wish is that you be free of pain, as we all wish to be.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby owmybum » 12 Feb 2013, 10:00

I am about to start a course of reflexology for 6 weeks. I hope it will help my body to heal itself by increasing blood flow everywhere. I feel that it's worth a shot, and at its worst, will relax me, so nothing to loose. I will report back if I feel it is helping.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !