Wanted to share a few things

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Wanted to share a few things

Postby 357Magnum » 12 Feb 2013, 08:05

So gang, I haven't been on here in alittle while, but I have been doing a few things that have really helped me, and have got some new products the share that have been good to me. First thing first, Diet, I have said it before, you have to eat right. I usually do oatmeal for breakfast with added flax and a scoop of whatever jam i have in the house, i do add hemp seed from time to time. For lunch i either have a small salad, making sure i have alot of cucumber, as cucumber is out dietary friend! or if i dont want a salad, i get a green juice and mix powdered hemp seed protein in it, Hemp seed and powder are full of protein and a fiber and essential fatty acids, it tastes nutty, give it a try if you havent. Then for dinner i have some sort of vegetable plate, with beans, or eggs, i try to keep my meat and bread consumption down. Quinoa is an excellent food to have with dinner too.
Here is a list of some of the new products i have been using and how i am using them:
Carlson's Vitamin E suppositories- Pop one in every night before bed, it has no laxative effect, but i think helps keep things soft, and they are very soothing. When putting them in i make sure to hold them half way in so they get good and melty everywhere. by the way, they are a coconut oil and palm oil base.
Boiron's Avenoc- Now these are for hemorrhoids, but when i saw the ingredient list it was witch hazel which is soothing, and blood vessel constricting, horse chestnut, which is another good herb for vein and blood flow issues. and one other herb called collinsonia canadensis, which supposidly gives comfort and helps alittle with constipation. I used this to help facilitate healing early, especially when blood was present, i would pop one in after a movement, and one at night and that helped the goodness start.
Bag Balm: Bag balm is a lanolin based moisturizer, that was actually originally made to treat a cows utter during a cold winter. it heals and protects. Now that i am doing better i use the bag balm the most. I used it before BM, and after the shower, I really think it has been a big help
last but not least, COCONUT OIL!!! when you are cleaning your back door, get rid of the soap, I only use coconut oil to cleanse back there and it has done wonders for me. I make little tiny coconut oil balls with a spoon, and I use those, and if you are having a good day, might as well use a ball or two as a suppository while in the shower, it def has some healing powers.
all this stuff has been working for me, besides diet and fiber suppliments and colace, i stand by them
357Magnum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Wanted to share a few things

Postby owmybum » 12 Feb 2013, 09:56

Thanks for sharing... You have some interesting lotions and potions there, I will certainly look them up!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby coconut » 12 Feb 2013, 21:49

I think I might try those vit E suppositories. That sounds like good stuff.
Just a little heads up for people with active fissures, horse chestnut is the wrong herb for us. Witch Hazel is also wrong for us. Those herbs are astringent, meaning that they tighten the skin. They also cause the blood vessels to constrict. Great for hemms, bad for fissures. If you have mixed symptoms, that's a judgement call. Personally, I did myself real harm by mis-diagnosing and trying to use astringents on my fissure. Herbs are powerful medicine. They need to be used with care.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby 357Magnum » 15 Feb 2013, 09:32

Thanks for adding that coconut, I used it only when blood was present, but it may not work for everyone.
and yes, check out the Vit E suppositories, very soothing
357Magnum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby jr2 » 15 Feb 2013, 10:48

Hi 357magnum
Great to see you back again, and even better to hear you are feeling better and found a routine that works for you! It's always so great to hear success stories!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby coconut » 15 Feb 2013, 17:54

357Magnum wrote:Thanks for adding that coconut, I used it only when blood was present, but it may not work for everyone.
and yes, check out the Vit E suppositories, very soothing

You might have responded better because you only use it sometimes, or because you are also using soothing stuff like the vit E. Or maybe you are just better suited to astringents. Anywho, its cool that it works for you.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion