Painless BM but still get spasms

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Painless BM but still get spasms

Postby CrackinUp » 19 Feb 2013, 07:37

Well I always wanted to be a good fisherman... never quite thought I'd become a master though!! Image
I hit week 3 tomorrow marg, so think I'm doing really well to be pain free. It surely MUST be healing. I can hardly feel the tag anymore either.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby marg6043 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:43

Actually Cracking up, today I realized that my skin tag is no as big as it has been for the last few months, I was kind of surprised that feels like it is receding back in.
Hopefully as the fissure heals the hanging skin will not be so big. It was a time no long time ago, when I could not even manipulate the skin as it was soo swollen, painful and sensitiveve, now as long as I don't try to folded the wrong way is actually painless.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:54

CrackinUp wrote:@GGky1959 I get that type of pain, it's so painful and there is no escaping it.
In fact it's just decided to have a major go @ me 10am this morning (very painful). Of course following my new routine I had saved my GTN application... I have applied it and 5 minutes later I have total relief.
This will take me right through until around 1pm now, at which point I shouldn't really have any more spasms. I can have some lunch before it wears off and hop in the bath after it does if there is a minor annoyance.
It's such a shame your doctor won't let you try it.

I just left his office with this advertisement of Rectiv ointment.....and now I find out, I won't be able to get it until tommorrow after 1 pm, its like what else lord can go wrong today???? He said he would leave samples and all I get is this kit box full of effin paper on how great this stuff is....no samples, nothing....just another reason I'm looking for another doctor. Then I call his office to complain and he's gone for the day.....I'm like what else can go wrong today.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby CrackinUp » 19 Feb 2013, 15:40

Sound like Rectiv is GTN. Good news !! :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:55

CrackinUp wrote:Sound like Rectiv is GTN. Good news !! :)

Really??? That's good to know...it does have the Nitro. in it...my px is for .04%....I just pray God it works...I just want to be able to have days of no pain.....no pain.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrackinUp » 19 Feb 2013, 16:20

0.4% is the same as mine. In the UK we apply 2.5cm twice a day, 12 hours apart. So I do 1-2 hours after the morning BM and then again before bed.
I have been known to 'top up' once more in between applications if I'm sore, but only a small amount. More like 1cm. I find this provides further relief but don't do this unless I'm desperate (done it twice in 3 weeks).
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 16:32

CrackinUp wrote:0.4% is the same as mine. In the UK we apply 2.5cm twice a day, 12 hours apart. So I do 1-2 hours after the morning BM and then again before bed.
I have been known to 'top up' once more in between applications if I'm sore, but only a small amount. More like 1cm. I find this provides further relief but don't do this unless I'm desperate (done it twice in 3 weeks).

Ah, thats good to know....I'll be getting my tommorrow.....I hope it works, I'll definately post about....if it works, so help me, I'm going to actually began enjoying my vacation...which is in its second day, with nothing getting done around the house...because mom has been crying in pain since it started. Thanks for responding, up!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrackinUp » 21 Feb 2013, 09:01

I have been zapping the spasms with GTN for the past 4 days now... I think my body may be forgetting how to do them!! I'm now completely pain free both BM and spasms. I am not even itchy now. It's almost as if the fissure has healed. I even nearly forgot to take the nitro today, which means I actually forgot I had a fissure!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 21 Feb 2013, 11:34

Crackingup don't let your guard down, I been in that stage also, is easy to forget that we have a fissure once it starts to heal and the horrendous memories of the pain and spams starts to get in the back of our minds.
But trust me, by experience I have to remind you that your fissure is still there, so just be careful, the good days will outnumber the bad ones, but never forget that you have been in pain and suffering so next time you be prepared.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby CrackinUp » 21 Feb 2013, 13:21

Yeah, I have at least another 3-5 weeks left. I always drank this much water so no hardship there, but I do love red wine and miss that aspect... plus steak and all the other good foods. I had a coffee yesterday and today. Now that was a treat!
I certainly won't be throwing a party just yet but it does feel like I've made really good progress in just 3 weeks and 1 day!!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist