6 days past advancement flap surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

6 days past advancement flap surgery

Postby thomasm616 » 19 Feb 2013, 13:19

Hello,
I am happy I have found this site, I am six days past my 2nd advancement flap surgery. The first one didn't take on 11/11/12. All of this was from an anal fistula surgery that occured on August 2nd 2011! the external wound healed nicely, the internal incision never healed. I had my first BM's yesterday (5) as I had been on a liquid diet for the first 3 days post-op and then had to take dulcolax to be able to go even with all of the water and fiber I have been consuming. The BM's were horrible...as they were very loose and I assume acidic and burned my outside stitches very badly. I used wet wipes to clean myself after every BM but could never really get clean so I did a sitz bath in a hot tub and then took a hot shower to fully clean myself. (I used a lot of hot water yesterday) LOL!!!! I have been taking benifiber, and a stool softener everyday and had another BM today which was much better! after showering and taking a peek at my swollen stitches, I noticed diper rash. After phoning the Dr's office they told me to place a piece of guaze between my buttcheeks to prevent leakage and coat my cheeks and stitches with desinex diaper rash cream! I have to tell you all it is a MIRACLE!!!! the pain in my stitches is gone, the diaper rash pain is gone. right now i am sitting in a chair with no pillow and I am not in any pain..... I just wanted to let someone know incase anyone is in the same boat I am in. Diaper rash cream seems to work on stitches pain! I have not had to take pain meds all day! Praise the Lord! I am hopeing this lasts as it is too early to tell but so far so good!! I am of course wearing a maxi pad to keep the cream off my shorts but it is amazing how much better I feel. So thats all I wanted to say. I hope this flap works because I do not want to have to go throught this a third time! thanks for listening....
thomasm616

Topics: 1

Re: 6 days past advancement flap surgery

Postby marg6043 » 19 Feb 2013, 19:16

thomasm616, welcome, I read that you just had surgery again and developed a rash, be careful with the sitz bath been too hot, you don't want to irritate the already tender tissue in the incision area.
So do the sitz bath but no with the water too hot, just warm.
Baby wipes are good and the baby cream also helps I have used it myself for many purposes since before my fissure and with the fissure.
I hope you heal properly and with ease this time, read the forums is much information about the type of surgery you had as is members that have the procedure before.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby thomasm616 » 19 Feb 2013, 19:59

Thank you Marg6043, I will make sure the sitz baths are in warm water and not hot. I do know that I have had the water quite hot yesterday and today! I thought the hotter the better. I guess not. Thanks for the advise. I didn't realize I could be doing more harm than good.
I had a sphincterotomy or I think it is called a LIS during my last advancement flap and that with the last AF did not give me nearly as much trouble as I am having this time around! I have been in more pain and taken more oxycodone than I did with my last 2 surgeries combined! My whole body seems to hurt! I have to walk 3 times a day to keep from getting constipated and I have trouble walking around the house let alone around the block.
Sorry, not usually a whiner, but yesterday and today have been really bad.
I will look.around and find others that have had the same surgery as I have and see what they have experienced. I thought I was set having been through this before.
Thanks for your message and for caring. I hope you get well and wish you much happiness!!!
Tom
thomasm616

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 20 Feb 2013, 07:30

Sorry, not usually a whiner, but yesterday and today have been really bad.

thomasm616 you have all the right to be a whiner we all do it here, we tell our pains, concerns and worries.
You just have a second surgery, things will be a littler bit more sore as you have already scar tissue in such a delicate area.
Don't push yourself too much, healing takes time but will happen.
Relax and rest, move around when you are not in such much pain but don't force yourself either.
After six days you are just in the healing process and is expected to still be painful.
Just research the board and read what others have to say about the same procedure you had, some members have more than one like you.

marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby owmybum » 19 Mar 2013, 05:39

Hi Thomas, I am wondering how you are healing now?
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !