Rectiv Ointment any success with it?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Rectiv Ointment any success with it?

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:26

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse....like a 2 year old waiting on christmas, I finally go to my CRS office to pick up these samples he was suppose to leave for me and I get this Rectiv kit, nothing in it but paper information and a some latex fingers...NO sample what so ever....just a 40. off coupon. I'm so ticked off, so I call the office and of course he's out after noon. So right now I'm getting the px filled, but I am sooooooooo sick and tired of wasting money that I don't have on products that don't work......has anyone had any success with this?
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Rectiv Ointment any success with it?

Postby coconut » 19 Feb 2013, 14:50

Rectiv is the nitro cream you hear so much of on these boards. The cream costs $500, BUT that coupon you have, I'm guessing is for a $40 tube of the stuff, which will last you a good long time.
Yes, people have good success with it. It also causes headaches in ~20% of people who try it, so fingers crossed that you aren't one of the unlucky.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:01

coconut wrote:Rectiv is the nitro cream you hear so much of on these boards. The cream costs $500, BUT that coupon you have, I'm guessing is for a $40 tube of the stuff, which will last you a good long time.
Yes, people have good success with it. It also causes headaches in ~20% of people who try it, so fingers crossed that you aren't one of the unlucky.

Well according to my insurance it should be only 40 bucks....I just wish I had gotten the sample to see if it worked before I start dishing out more money on crap that's not working on the pain. I just as soon OD on Aleve. Honestly, I could care less about the headaches, I mean either way you go with this dreaded awful desease, pain is gonna be apart of it, eh?
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 19 Feb 2013, 15:13

Good luck. A lot of people get no headache or a reasonable headache. I was an outlier who got massive headaches, but I also have a recent history of chronic daily migraine, so I'm not typical. (yes, I figured out how to control the migraines and a few months later, I started up this stuff. Fun.)
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 19 Feb 2013, 15:15

I wish you lived near me. I can't bear to throw out my Rectiv, but I will never, ever, ever use it again, and I only used 2 doses.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:35

coconut wrote:I wish you lived near me. I can't bear to throw out my Rectiv, but I will never, ever, ever use it again, and I only used 2 doses.

OMG, why? Please do tell.....I'm anticpating good things from this, but I really don't want to waste anymore money on things that don't work, what was your experiences....
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrackinUp » 19 Feb 2013, 15:37

That's the same ointment I'm using then... it will provide relief. I have never had a headache from it but I think I'm lucky or unusual.
I find its best to wait until the spasm starts before applying, then it kills it!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:42

CrackinUp wrote:That's the same ointment I'm using then... it will provide relief. I have never had a headache from it but I think I'm lucky or unusual.
I find its best to wait until the spasm starts before applying, then it kills it!

(sigh of relief).....thanks for responding....I'm one of those people who's mantra' in life, "if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" types....so hearing something positive about this makes me feel better. Chances are I'm gonna be one of those types that gets the headaches, all the negative it offers....that's just the way my luck has been lately. So, after you have your daily bm, you apply inside afterwards? I haven't gotten it yet, my pharmacy don't carry it normally, so I'll have to pick it up tommorrow after 1pm. I'm very anxious to try this....I just want some relief and I desperately want to get off the 1000mg of Aleve a day.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrackinUp » 19 Feb 2013, 16:14

Yep, I apply roughly 1-2 hours after the morning BM when I feel the spasm come on. I used to apply it right afterward, but found it "wore off" after 3/4 hours and I'd be in pain for an hour or two. Doing it this way round seems to work better... for me anyway.
Don't get down about the headaches, not everyone gets them. My dad has the same stuff for angina and he gets bad headaches but I don't!
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby GGky1959 » 19 Feb 2013, 16:23

CrackinUp wrote:Yep, I apply roughly 1-2 hours after the morning BM when I feel the spasm come on. I used to apply it right afterward, but found it "wore off" after 3/4 hours and I'd be in pain for an hour or two. Doing it this way round seems to work better... for me anyway.
Don't get down about the headaches, not everyone gets them. My dad has the same stuff for angina and he gets bad headaches but I don't!

We'll see after tommorrow.....so you say to apply it 1-2 hours after a bm? My spasm usually come immediately after a bm, regardless of how texturized my stool. I'm also curious, how long does this cream last...its so expensive, so I want to max. my usage
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist