Power Walking

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Power Walking

Postby Ginge1964 » 21 Feb 2013, 05:57

I had surgery 2 weeks ago on my fissure and also had 2 skin tags removed - am still very sore but I am desperate to start power walking again but am worried it will aggravate the situation. Am determined to get things right this time as I had surgery last October that was unsuccesful and do not want to go through this for a third time. Any advice much appreciated.
Ginge1964

Topics: 1

Re: Power Walking

Postby Englanddevon » 21 Feb 2013, 07:45

Hi Ginge, I haven't had surgery yet so can't give you a definite answer, however from all the reading I do on anything related to the condition the advice seems to be move a little if you can because it promotes blood flow however it is important not too over do it. Perhaps just try a few short walks from home so you can get back quickly if you are sore.

May be worth looking through the surgery section. Hope your recovery goes well :)
Englanddevon
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Power Walking

Postby marg6043 » 21 Feb 2013, 08:16

Ginge1964hi, there, is nice to know that you are recovering well, two weeks is kind of too soon to engage on heavy exercises, perhaps rather than power walking a littler bit of walking on a treadmill will show you if you are up to a more challenging work out, power walking will put some stress on the area where you had your surgery and may cause irritation.
Also call your doctors office and ask them how long will take for you to go back to your regular exercise routine.
I understand how you feel as I am an active person that can not be still and have to keep up with my exercises routine regardless.
I had a few surgeries in the last ten years with a last major one a year ago and let me tell you I had to stay out of the gym for 6 weeks for recovery and I was going crazy, so I still went to the gym to feel good and just did mild walking on a thread mill, but my favorite zumba was off limits for 8 weeks.
That help ease my mind a lot.
Be careful as you are still healing and again call your doctor and ask recommend.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8