Incomplete bowel movements

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Incomplete bowel movements

Postby Luka » 22 Feb 2013, 15:38

Do any of you experience incomplete bowel movements? I’m not sure what else to call them. It’s hard to describe, but sometimes when I go to the bathroom, it feels like not all of the poop comes out in one sitting. It feels like some of it just kind of goes back inside (I know, TMI, sorry about that!) and I don't want to push hard to get it out. I think it’s irritating my fissure more when that happens. Is it because it’s so tight in there due to the fissure and spasm? Or does it have something to do with constipation? I don’t feel constipated and usually go just fine (2-3 times in the morning to get everything out), but this concerns me (although it doesn't happen all the time). I may have IBS (my stool shape varies from day to day even though I pretty much eat the same things), but have never been officially diagnosed. I'm just not sure why I have this issue when I didn't really have it before the fissure.
Would a stool softener help this issue? Or is it just the tightness and spasm from the fissure causing it?
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Re: Incomplete bowel movements

Postby CrackinUp » 22 Feb 2013, 15:54

I find if it doesn't come out fairly quickly then I do have to make another visit afterwards. I believe this is because my sphincter tightens up quite quickly - often during the BM. Starts off easy and then gets harder. Its doing this less and less now it's healing though.
You're on Nitro aren't you? If so this may be worth a try... earlier this week I woke up art 3am and was having a weird IBS moment where I had to hold on for obvious reasons. This irritated the fissure. I woke back up at 5:30am and it was in slight spasm so I used a small amount (0.5-1cm) of Nitro.
I woke back up at 7:00am and went to the toilet as normal, then had the easiest / most pain free BM of the year!! I think the Nitro relaxed the muscle.
I also found a new way of inducing quite a big "urge to go" in the morning. If I drink a large glass of water and then hold in my stomach muscles as tight as I can, this sends a sudden urge and I'm done in a single sitting in no time. No second or third visits.
All this is way, way TOO MUCH INFORMATION. But if it helps :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 16:18

Luka wrote:Do any of you experience incomplete bowel movements? I’m not sure what else to call them. It’s hard to describe, but sometimes when I go to the bathroom, it feels like not all of the poop comes out in one sitting. It feels like some of it just kind of goes back inside (I know, TMI, sorry about that!) and I don't want to push hard to get it out. I think it’s irritating my fissure more when that happens. Is it because it’s so tight in there due to the fissure and spasm? Or does it have something to do with constipation? I don’t feel constipated and usually go just fine (2-3 times in the morning to get everything out), but this concerns me (although it doesn't happen all the time). I may have IBS (my stool shape varies from day to day even though I pretty much eat the same things), but have never been officially diagnosed. I'm just not sure why I have this issue when I didn't really have it before the fissure.
Would a stool softener help this issue? Or is it just the tightness and spasm from the fissure causing it?

Yeah, I would like answers to that too. I always feel once the pain starts, that there's poop at the base wanting to get out, but when I go to the loo, nothing happens????? I'm not eating much these days and what I do eat should all be on its way the next day.....but I think the reply givin is correct...I think that muscle closes up so fast, we don't get to expelle it all and no way am I pushing if it doens't want to come.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby GGky1959 » 22 Feb 2013, 16:19

CrackinUp wrote:I find if it doesn't come out fairly quickly then I do have to make another visit afterwards. I believe this is because my sphincter tightens up quite quickly - often during the BM. Starts off easy and then gets harder. Its doing this less and less now it's healing though.
You're on Nitro aren't you? If so this may be worth a try... earlier this week I woke up art 3am and was having a weird IBS moment where I had to hold on for obvious reasons. This irritated the fissure. I woke back up at 5:30am and it was in slight spasm so I used a small amount (0.5-1cm) of Nitro.
I woke back up at 7:00am and went to the toilet as normal, then had the easiest / most pain free BM of the year!! I think the Nitro relaxed the muscle.
I also found a new way of inducing quite a big "urge to go" in the morning. If I drink a large glass of water and then hold in my stomach muscles as tight as I can, this sends a sudden urge and I'm done in a single sitting in no time. No second or third visits.
All this is way, way TOO MUCH INFORMATION. But if it helps :)

Thanks for the info
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Luka » 22 Feb 2013, 16:57

Thanks for the info, CrackinUp. I actually drink a lot of water in the morning after breakfast, which helps to get things moving, too. Apple juice also stimulates the urge to go for me.
I'm actually currently on Diltiazem (been on it for 5 weeks now). Pain still seems to come and go, but I think it's helping. So maybe I should try taking it before a bowel movement to help loosen the muscle a bit? I usually take it afterward, but I might try applying a bit before I have to go and see if that helps. I'm guessing I need to reapply afterward, though, since I'm assuming the ointment gets "pushed out." Gah... TMI, but oh well. When we have this fissure problem, our lives revolve around bowel movements. I can't wait for the day when that ends!
Anyway, I just don't want to strain myself or push to make the rest of the stool come out. I want to do everything I can to heal the fissure and prevent re-injury. I know the rest of the stool will come out eventually, though (it always does, maybe a few minutes to half an hour later), so I have to resist the urge to push more.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby CrackinUp » 22 Feb 2013, 17:09

Give it a whirl, and I'm guessing at least 30 mins before. Like I say it was a one off but was so much easier. My least spasm free day followed as well - I'm guessing due to less friction during the BM.
I actually had to go mid day once too after applying it and that was real easy too. :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 22 Feb 2013, 19:57

Squatting, baby. Squatting. Image
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby CrackinUp » 23 Feb 2013, 02:09

I started squatting when my fissure first tore and did it for 3 months. I actually had a really bad re-tear squatting which is why I'm here today. I'm sure it would have happened anyway but now I am a little afraid of it.
Have to say while I was squatting it did seem easier :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby 357Magnum » 26 Feb 2013, 06:56

a full feeling can also be an internal Hemorrhoid, which is a def possibility, they are more common than people realize
357Magnum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 2347 » 26 Feb 2013, 12:59

Luka I experience what you're describing. I look forward to my daily BM and I get one shot and that's it. I get one good push without much pain. After that, I know there's more, but it hurts too much to even try and press the issue. So I just wait it out til the next day (though I did end up going twice today, and am paying for it).
Deleted User 2347

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion