New approach...Aloe, Magnesium, Coconut oil, Manuka Honey

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

New approach...Aloe, Magnesium, Coconut oil, Manuka Honey

Postby thisunpleasant » 26 Feb 2013, 20:28

Hello all,
After 3 months of Diltiazem, 1 Botox injection with scar tissue removal, and one cauterization of the wound, I am at much lower levels of pain than when fissure was at its worst, but it's still there (confirmed by CRS). I am hesitant to do another Botox shot only because I wasn't really comfortable with the idea of it initially, and have decided to try some of the herbal recommendations I found on this site.
The CRS also prescribed Nifedipine for me. So while using that twice a day, I thought I would apply coconut oil, Manuka Honey and Aloe alternately for a bit.
Just wanted to check in with anyone who has used these things and make sure they didn't have any issues with using them simultaneously with Nifedipine (I know grapefruit consumption is a no-no with Nifedipine).
Also considering taking 300mg capsules of Magnesium.
Thank you for this fantastic forum, and best wishes for a speedy recovery to all who are currently suffering.
thisunpleasant
Fibre Addict

Topics: 15

Re: New approach...Aloe, Magnesium, Coconut oil, Manuka Honey

Postby coconut » 02 Mar 2013, 14:05

Grapefruit? I didn't know this! Are there any other foods you are supposed to avoid on Nifedipine? I've been feeling worse since I had to switch from diltiazem to nif. :( Maybe something I'm eating is interfering?
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: New approach...Aloe, Magnesium, Coconut oil, Manuka Honey

Postby thisunpleasant » 03 Mar 2013, 23:27

I dont know of any other foods that are specifically warned against, aside from grapefruit.
But I just made the mistake of looking up dangers of calcium-channel blockers like Diltiazem and Nifedipine and now I'm nervous about using it at all...
But there are so few good options with this ailment...
thisunpleasant
Fibre Addict

Topics: 15