candida and zinc

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

candida and zinc

Postby saintkilledher » 01 Mar 2013, 08:17

I have had an af for 3 years and was told by a natropath that i have candida and its prob causing it not to heal
so am going on a raw food diet for a while to see if it heals and she suggested i take a zinc sup as well as a zinc defiecency can cause/delay healing.have had botox 2 times so im so over it and figgured if i dont get to the root cause ill be going through this for ever.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: candida and zinc

Postby delasama » 01 Mar 2013, 09:21

By candida do you mean yeast?
I was wondering because I got a fissure a couple months ago and my doc just gave me fluconazole for a yeast infection in my penis and it hasn't worked yet since I took it Monday, so I'm supposed to see a dermatologist about it in a couple hours. Saintkilledher-are you saying this is why my fissure isn't healing possibly?
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby 3 years now » 01 Mar 2013, 09:33

I have seen several naturopaths over the years. MOST of them will tell you that you have "candida albicans" (yeast). They claim it can cause a myriad of health problems. Not sure how much there is to this idea, a regular medical doctor will call it quackery.
We all have yeast in us right now. Red wine is full of yeast, so is soy sauce, yeast feeds on sugar and grain. If you have athletes foot, thats yeast. Women get yeast infections and so can men.
I tried the raw food diet but I couldnt stick with it long enough. You need to stick with it for many months, yeast is hard to get rid of.
Did the naturopath give you pills to kill the yeast? Mine did. Good topic - thx
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby coconut » 01 Mar 2013, 09:51

LOL Many naturopaths are a little obsessed with yeast. It was a huge trend years back, but its scaled back a little. Interesting that she/he recommended a raw diet. The old school "cure" for yeast is a low sugar/grain diet. Raw diets tend to be high in sugars, but if your problem is "excess heat" raw food is da bomb! (meaning its very good.) 3 years is correct, yeast is everywhere. But so is bacteria and you don't want that over running your body either. Be careful with those yeast pills. They can change your poop. Take too much at once and they may constipate you.
Zinc is a bit of a Hail Mary, but its harmless and if you are zinc deficient, adding the suppliment could cure you very painlessly!
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Tash » 01 Mar 2013, 09:55

Hi
If you have a candida problem you should be taking a very good probiotic supplement every day. My naturopathic dr has had me taking them for 20 yrs and I have not had a problem with candida since. I just now I will take them daily for the rest of my life.
Tash
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby delasama » 01 Mar 2013, 10:12

What kind of probiotic? Like Greek yogurt?
delasama
King Fissure

Postby Tash » 01 Mar 2013, 10:20

Their are different kinds of probiotics. they come in capsules or also a liquid. Do you have a health food store near you? If so you can just go and ask them and they should be able to help you pick out one that would work well for you. :D
Tash
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby delasama » 01 Mar 2013, 12:27

Never mind. Just got back from dermatologist and he said its not candida. He gave me steroid cream for it and told me it looks like eczema or possibly herpies or both. Great! Now I'm scared to poop and pee Image
delasama
King Fissure

Postby coconut » 01 Mar 2013, 12:31

delasama wrote:Never mind. Just got back from dermatologist and he said its not candida. He gave me steroid cream for it and told me it looks like eczema or possibly herpies or both. Great! Now I'm scared to poop and pee Image

That truly sucks. Glad you got the correct medicine. GPs don't seem to have the best track record with this stuff.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby saintkilledher » 02 Mar 2013, 00:24

Tash wrote:Hi
If you have a candida problem you should be taking a very good probiotic supplement every day. My naturopathic dr has had me taking them for 20 yrs and I have not had a problem with candida since. I just now I will take them daily for the rest of my life.
have been taking a probiotic for 2 weeks...im actually starting a mono meal diet tonight...means you eat only 1 fruit or veg for a meal.is meant to heal the body and make digestion easier.see how i go
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16