Does anyone have a stubborn rash associated with Fissures?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Does anyone have a stubborn rash associated with Fissures?

Postby coconut » 05 Mar 2013, 21:01

GGky1959 wrote:
coconut wrote:
Vin wrote:The diaper creams work somewhat but ultimately the rashflares back up for me. I notice it can be worse if I don't get a shower in the am by midday it seems to begin flaring up. Wondering if anyone has tried tea tree oil or been prescribed prescription anti fungals? My doctor said the rash was not fungal and associated with the fissures. I fear that I have been using to many creams as I am desperate to get this entire situation under control and they or my combos could br causing further rash.

I wouldn't use tea tree oil on most butt rashes. Its way too strong. How about plantain oil or calendula oil? Both of these have soothing and mild anti-biotic/fungal properties, and they are good on wounds. You want soothing and gentle on that skin. If you really want to go herbal, talk to someone who has studied herbs. Sales people, although usually well meaning, know more about what is popular right now than what has worked safely for years.

Coco your so right, I've put enough stuff on my as these last two months to open my own pharmacy down there Image Its amazing these products meant for other uses, I've used....but trial and error is the name of the game for this disease.

I have a little museum of things I've tried and then discarded for my butt. Its outgrown its little bowl and its bigger basket. I may have to clean out a room to store it all. I feel like throwing it out would be dishonoring the effort I've gone through. Lord knows I don't have anything else to show for it.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Mar 2013, 13:27

Yeah, I've pretty much taken over the medicine cabinet, the bathroom, the second bedroom will all my but meds...its rather funny at times, especially when my daughter comes to me and ask do I have anything for "cramps". Duh????
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby conanofnyc » 07 Mar 2013, 21:01

This is my 2nd occourance with anal fissure. Had one last year , suffered for months first thinking it was hemorrhoids and then finally when to a doctor who recommended surgury and was the best thing I did for it.
Got it again a couple of months ago again.. These anal fissures really affect my quality of life. I have been using the left over diltiazem over the past 2 months. I don't have pain but I do have and uncomfortable feeling down there and graduates to an itch a strong itch especially at night.. Nothing gets rid of this itch , it just drives me crazy and I have to scratch and then the next day it's all sore from the scratching. It is vicious cycle.
conanofnyc

Postby butthurt2013 » 15 Mar 2013, 16:50

Desitin Max Strength 40% Zinc Oxide worked great for me on the external part of the problem. It looked like raw meat down there pre-Desitin. It provided instant relief from the burning and itching, at least on the outside. It even cleared up the weird "paper cuts" that seem to appear out of nowhere.
In my personal experience, Dr. Bronners Castile soap with Tea Tree Oil won't hurt for washing. No unnatural chems. Dilute as with all Dr. B's stuff, it comes concentrated. Blast the are with hot water until excess is gone, then soap up once, quickly, at the end, rinse and be done. Desitin goes on once you are dry. Works for me, hope you find relief.
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby GGky1959 » 15 Mar 2013, 17:19

butthurt2013 wrote:Desitin Max Strength 40% Zinc Oxide worked great for me on the external part of the problem. It looked like raw meat down there pre-Desitin. It provided instant relief from the burning and itching, at least on the outside. It even cleared up the weird "paper cuts" that seem to appear out of nowhere.
In my personal experience, Dr. Bronners Castile soap with Tea Tree Oil won't hurt for washing. No unnatural chems. Dilute as with all Dr. B's stuff, it comes concentrated. Blast the are with hot water until excess is gone, then soap up once, quickly, at the end, rinse and be done. Desitin goes on once you are dry. Works for me, hope you find relief.

I've been using it on my Hemm. for quite some time and like you it works for me too...I just pray to God I never pass out at work and have to be undressed....its quite a mess down there. Image Have a great and painless weekend
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25