No Blood in last two days but my AF is more painful, why?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

No Blood in last two days but my AF is more painful, why?

Postby galamat » 13 Mar 2013, 11:08

Hi Guys,
First of all thank you to all of you, I have learned a lot in this forum.
I have been using the organic coconut oil and also Nifedipine in the last two days, I have been feeling weird, yesterday I was feeling occasional pain, and today I feel pain whenever I move or cough. Before I used to bleed with BM, and I had pain, but the pain was gone after the hot sitz bath. Now is different, I'm not bleeding, but I have this annoying throbbing pain even after the sitz bath, is like something stabs me when I move, or lift something. Does anyone has had this experience? Is this good or bad?
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: No Blood in last two days but my AF is more painful, why?

Postby delasama » 13 Mar 2013, 11:23

I used to have the same problems before I was on miralax for a while. More pain and less or zero blood. It's probably not bleeding because all your spasms make sphincter muscle contract and tight which decreases blood circulation in that area.
I have been mostly pain free or at least no major spasms since I have been on miralax for over a month now. A week ago I had crs pry my cheeks open a little to look at sentenial tag that the fissure had formed to protect its self. That same night I had a bm followed by a teaspoon of blood. I thought that he had re tore my fissure and I was pissed, but I had practically zero pain. Then some one on this forum told me that a little blood is a good thing when there is zero pain. Zero pain means that the sphincter is loose and not spasming which allows for more blood flow to fissure which it needs to heal.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby delasama » 13 Mar 2013, 11:26

I would not use coconut oil if you are using nifedipine . Nifedipine should be all you need and you don't want coconut oil hindering the absorption of the nifedipine.
Are you using miralax and eating soft foods and drinking tons of water? Nifedipine won't help if you don't have soft poops.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby galamat » 13 Mar 2013, 11:34

thank you delasama, I'm going to keep using Nifedipine only, maybe these two are not good together.
Last edited by galamat on 13 Mar 2013, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
galamat
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 13 Mar 2013, 11:55

I was trying everything on here when I first found this forum. I was massaging my butt while putting coconut oil in it while laying in a bath tub full of herbs lol....I found that you can try lots of things at once for a while as long as they are foods and stuff. I know everybody is different, but the things that helped me were really simple and they are common sense if your a crs lol. Miralax capful in morning and again at night, soft foods, NO red meats,pasta,gluten,white rice..., squatting to poop, washing in shower instead of toilet paper, wet toilet paper if you can't shower, don't dry butt with towel after shower (dab with soft Kleenex tissue then air dry with hair drier or bend over on bed with a fan aimed at your butt. I have had this routine for over a month now and my fissure feels pretty good even when I poop. It just hurts a little after bm for a while and hurts a little to sit a lot.(no big spasms anymore). My fissure is definitely still annoying and I don't want to try to go back to work yet, but if I have as much progress in the next month as I did last month then i shouldn't even notice that its there in a month! I didn't even get a cream from my crs. Hopefully I won't need a cream.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 13 Mar 2013, 11:59

Make sure you use the nifedipine everyday and from what I have read, it is like a roller coaster ride on creams for a while, so don't get discouraged if it doesn't help at first. It could be weeks of same pain then all of a sudden it starts to really heal from the nifedipine . I hope nifedipine helps you! Pleases let me know how it works for you. I was thinking about asking my crs for some if my miralax doesn't do the trick.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby galamat » 13 Mar 2013, 12:25

I have used Nifedipine in the past, it was when my fissure first started, but I quit using it after I month of no bleeding, because I was having no pain or bleeding, but after I month of quitting my fissure came back, this time I'll keep using longer even if I feel fine I guess.
galamat
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 13 Mar 2013, 12:53

galamt when fissures are chronic they let you know that they are there and while they fell better they are not gone by any means.
Depending how long you have been dealing with your fissure, you will go on what I call stages of healing, if your fissure is not healed within the first few weeks it becomes chronic, it may take months to heal and during that time you will experience all kind of pain, spams and sensations.
Just keep doing what you do to make your fissure comfortable and as long as you don't see the blood and your pain doesn't become unbearable again you are doing fine.
The fissure could be healing but so slowly. My fissure is 9 months old now and while is not painful and have not bleed red in a long time, I still feel all kind of sensations and once in while a mild spam and irritation with throbbing that I just massage away, this tell me that while is healing is no gone by any means.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby galamat » 13 Mar 2013, 13:49

thank you marg6043
I hope yours never gets bad again :D
May I ask what did you do to heal yours? Did you use nifedipine?
Thanks!
galamat
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 13 Mar 2013, 13:59

Believe it or not, lots of lubrication with Vaseline before a BM and after a BM to avoid irritation from left over stools, after the sitz bath I use a Q-tip (and now that is not longer painful and the anal muscle is more flexible) I insert gently Q-tip to clean the area.
Then when the fissure was still sore I will insert a Carlson vitamin E suppository and another one at night.
Now I only use one at night.
The key to me controlling my fissure was keeping the area lubricated.
I used the nitro cream for 4 months with good results but it gave me a rash. Now my doctor and me are just monitory my healing rate naturally and if the fissure gets worst or it doesn't healt completely I will opt for surgery eventually.
My fissure problem is due to chronic diarrhea and not constipation.
So I don't have problems with hard stools.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8