Fissure and pregnancy

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure and pregnancy

Postby Majorbumpain » 13 Mar 2013, 17:47

I am pregnant with my second child and boy does pregnancy do a number on your body. I developed a fissure with my first child from pushing too hard and taking pain pills without a stool softener(always an overachiever). This wonder pain in my rear has plagued me for the last year and I am over it! I just returned from a cruise where morning and sea sickness only made things worse. i am at the point of going to the doctor but worried I won't be able to do anything to help relieve the pain bc I'm pregnant. Anyone else been in this boat?
Majorbumpain

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure and pregnancy

Postby galamat » 13 Mar 2013, 19:24

Hi Majorbumpain,
I understand you my dear, I had hemorrhoids with both of my pregnancies, not a fissure though. I was surprised, because the CRS prescribed me some strong medicines, and asked him if this was going to harm the baby, and he told me that the dose was very little, and not to worry.
Go ahead and visit your doctor, and be sure to be specific about your symptoms, I'm sure there is something out there to improve your condition. Also you can always take the sitz bath, just make sure the water is not hot, just warm.
Walk a lot if your doctor says is ok, to avoid other complications during pregnancy and above all things relax.
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Fissure and pregnancy

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 19 Jun 2013, 12:20

Hi Major Bum Pain,
I know this an old thread but I'm wondering if you have any updates for us? I have a fissure and we're hoping to have a baby soon and I'm looking for some advice or experience.
Thanks!
Deleted User 2651