Please please reply. Is that a fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Please please reply. Is that a fissure?

Postby hopefulbutt » 14 Mar 2013, 08:59

I really hope someone replies. I have scheduled myself for anal manometry and emg testing but I can actually feel (touch just inside) the muscle itself is insanely painful. But it is only one area- in the back. I can also feel a tiny bump- like a little slip of skin. Is it possible that this IS a fissure- but just tiny? When you guys have muscle pain is it all over or just in the area of the fissure? I've also had botox so I am not sure if this has helped the other part of the muscle. I also use nitro which gives a little help. Please give me some feedback. The pain is driving me nuts.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Please please reply. Is that a fissure?

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 09:08

Try not to poke around in there unless needed. Tiny bump could be a sentenial tag. I have a little skin tag (sentinel tag) at end of my fissure. Crs didn't even look inside to see fissure. He saw sentinel tag at 6 o'clock position and said yep must be a fissure in there. Chronic fissures form this skin tag to help protect them self. My fissure is at 6 o'clock position, but I didn't know until I saw where skin tag was. Because even though fissure is only in one spot it would still send pains down my left leg and up my scrotum!... Sorry Botox didn't help you.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 09:09

How long has it been since Botox?
delasama
King Fissure

Postby hopefulbutt » 14 Mar 2013, 09:22

It's been 2.5 months. I actually was doing really well up until about 2 weeks ago. So maybe it is starting to wear off? Can I ask your opinion about something delasama?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby coconut » 14 Mar 2013, 09:24

In the back is where the majority of fissures develop. They can be very small.
I've never been able to stand reaching in and touching that area specifically, but I've never had botox.
I do know that I've had a lot of scary days where the pain was such that I was SURE that there was something more wrong with me - probably a tumor or something that was going to kill me dead, because there was no way I could be in that much pain from something that wasn't going to kill me. That kind of fear does make things worse. It causes us to tense up. The spasms get worse with fear for me.
If you haven't done the things you do when you are having a stressful day, I recommend you do them. I do essential oils, acupuncture. I go for walks. (Short ones don't bother the fissure.) I watch old episodes of Star Trek.
Hot beverages sooth the spasms for me. I also found that doing squats helped when the spasms were really bad. (Not over the toilet, on dry land.) I don't do squats now because i had the surgery and I don't want to put pressure down there.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby hopefulbutt » 14 Mar 2013, 09:30

Thanks coconut- I love star trek too! Interesting about the squats. I will try and relax my mind too. Can I ask if you think having manometry and emg test is a good idea? I have no insurance, but besides that I am afraid it will aggravate the pain. I honestly think it is a fissure that is just small and they can't see it. I could be wrong though.
How are you healing coconut?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 10:33

Yes hopefulbutt you can ask anyone questions on here.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby hopefulbutt » 14 Mar 2013, 11:09

delasama- I am torn between seeing a different CRS or going to get the tests done the other CRS said to do. I am afraid the tests will hurt me and not help me if i have a fissure. I wish that they could just see the fissure. What would you do? Do the tests they say and be in pain or ask another CRS to take yet another look?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 14 Mar 2013, 11:30

I would call another crs office and ask to talk to nurse that works for crs. Then ask her to ask crs what he would do.
I saw a crs a few weeks ago and I was disappointed that he didn't pry me open with an anoscopy to look or even give me a cream! I'm now glad that he didn't do anything. Because I've been keeping my fissure diet and routine and as much miralax as possible with out causing diarrhea. Fissure is finally starting to heal.crs did see sentinel tag that was formed by fissure. I called another crs office and talked to his nurse and she asked crs if I should see him for a second opinion. He said he would give me a cream, but I would have to pay another $200 for consult. I can't afford that, so I called my crs and said why didn't you give me cream? He said creams can have side effects. I'm now glad he didn't give me cream. I've been on miralax for over a month now and it's finally given me pain free bm. I can tell fissure is there if I move just right and if I sit, but I feel like its finally healing naturally. My crs said to call him in a few months for surgery if miralax doesn't work, but at this rate I think I will heal. I also haven't used toilet paper or sat on toilet in over a month. I squat then I jump in shower and wash butt with hose.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby coconut » 14 Mar 2013, 11:43

hopefulbutt wrote:Thanks coconut- I love star trek too! Interesting about the squats. I will try and relax my mind too. Can I ask if you think having manometry and emg test is a good idea? I have no insurance, but besides that I am afraid it will aggravate the pain. I honestly think it is a fissure that is just small and they can't see it. I could be wrong though.
How are you healing coconut?

I don't really have a lot of knowledge about the tests that you mention. I know enough about fissures that we really don't need all those fancy tests to get a good diagnosis. I imagine that the doctor wants to know if the botox worked on you. Most of us just get the finger test. If you are tight in the arse, it shows up pretty quickly if the doc tries to put his finger up there.
This is one of those times when I would suggest being very assertive about asking why a test needs to be done and if there is a cheaper alternative. Doctors hate being asked questions like this, but if you don't ask, it sounds like you might be headed down the path of a lot of expensive tests and no good answers. Doctors also hate it when patients come to them in pain and there is nothing they can do, which is what makes them human. Most of them went into medicine because they want to help people in pain, not stand by helplessly. So its not unimaginable that one might try doing more tests when the pain isn't responding to traditional treatments, as opposed to admitting they don't know how to help.
Just imagine that you are Spock and Bones is telling you to do something completely ridiculous. "Um, logic please?"
Wether I am healing is... complicated. I had Surgery a week ago. There are signs that I am healing. The weeping of the wounds is almost gone. I can touch the outside wounds to keep them clean, so yea on that. I can walk normally and I can sit upright for periods of time.
I'm still experiencing a lot of pain. I'm starting to get spasm pain again, which had disappeared after the surgery. The outside wounds are very tender and painful. I feel a lot of irritation from where they shaved my tukus. BMs are way more painful now then they were before surgery, despite perfect poos today. I think I have some neuropathic pain resulting from the trauma of everything that has gone on down there. Image
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12