Two days stomach virus and diarrhea with fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Two days stomach virus and diarrhea with fissure

Postby marg6043 » 21 Mar 2013, 14:38

After nine month with my fissure and healing for the last 3, I came down with a stomach bug that lasted two days. Image
The first thing that came to my mind was my fissure will retear after doing so well and I will have no other choice but to get surgery because I am not going back to the painful and horredous experience of a fresh fissure.
Well I am glad to post that I most actually be healing for sure when all I got was mild irritation after experiencing the lose stools after everything I ate or drank.
Does this means I am healed, completely? well I think the fissure is still there, but this test for two days shows that is not even close to the way it was 4 months ago.
I make sure to lubricate the area all day, also I used desitin (baby rash cream) that took care of most of the irritation.
I a sucess story? Image well I don't dare to post in that thread yet until my next appointment june, if I am still retear free and pain free, then I will consider my fissure experience a sucess without surgery.
I hope this post encourage other members that are suffering and in pain to see that is light at the end of the tunnel after all. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: Two days stomach virus and diarrhea with fissure

Postby Jackmaniac » 21 Mar 2013, 15:37

Both of my parents have gotten the same stomach bug this week. I'm praying like my life depends on it right now...
Jackmaniac
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Two days stomach virus and diarrhea with fissure

Postby marg6043 » 21 Mar 2013, 19:05

Jackmaniac yes this year the stomach bug is very nasty, my daughter works as a nurse in one fo the local medical centers ER and she say that is been crazy with the number of people getting the bug.
I am happily to say that mine lasted two days, and taking into consideration that my fissure was the result of chronic diarrhea I developed after my gallbladder surgery I was scare to death about having to go again with the painful experience of a fresh fissure, but is been fine.
Just plenty of lubrication and sitz bath to avoid the irritation from the lose stools.
That worked for me.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8