Touch Relaxation to Quell Spasms- Anyone Here Do It?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Touch Relaxation to Quell Spasms- Anyone Here Do It?

Postby Anonymon » 28 Mar 2013, 15:57

I've read it mentioned once in passing, and on the article I think it was referring to, that some people touch the area and imagine it relaxing to stop the spasms. Anyone have any success or experience with this?
I'm up for anything to stop the spasms. I had the best early morning ever today, with hardly any pain and only mild spasms after... Then I double pooped about an hour later and had sharp pains again :(. I have a morning BM after I turn on the shower every morning to rinse, so I'm not really concerned with cleanliness.
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: Touch Relaxation to Quell Spasms- Anyone Here Do It?

Postby Guest » 30 Mar 2013, 12:14

So this sounds like it's related to the self dilation topic on this same page, so you may want to check out the threads there.
HTH

Postby Savaici » 30 Mar 2013, 12:28

Not specifically related to self-dilation.
It is a very good idea to relax the muscle (outside for me) by simply massaging the area with a little petroleum jelly (my choice). I find it helps immensely after having a BM. And I don't have to visualize anything. Like any muscle, it responds to massage (very gentle in this case).
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jr2 » 30 Mar 2013, 15:01

i agree with savaici . i do this several times a day and always after a BM. It's a good way to keep circulation going in the area and also definitely helps calm the spasms and tightness. Being very gentle and very patient and careful to avoid aggravating the fissure.
jr2

Topics: 15