CRS recommendations in the San Francisco bay area

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

CRS recommendations in the San Francisco bay area

Postby Luka » 06 Apr 2013, 23:52

I was wondering if anyone out there had any experiences with a CRS in the San Francisco bay area that they recommend? I am thinking of seeing someone new. My GP recommended someone nearby, but from the reviews I've read online, he doesn't seem like a very caring person (and I NEED to see someone that is gentle and understanding, as well as highly experienced... I've had far too many bad experiences with doctors and I'm a total wuss when it comes to medical problems, especially this).
I know there is a Dr. Million in San Francisco that has great success with dealing with fissures, but I was wondering if anyone on here has seen her or can recommend someone close by.
Thank you!
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Re: CRS recommendations in the San Francisco bay area

Postby whatisthis » 21 Aug 2013, 15:33

I am in the bay area and have seen Dr. Million. She is top notch i would reccommend her. Although i have not done any treatments yet because there is no fissure visible. She does Botox as well.
I have also seen Dr. Yee in SF as well. He is a great doctor as well but Dr. Million is more caring. He does not do Botox
whatisthis
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Luka » 21 Aug 2013, 16:09

Thank you, whatisthis. : ) Do you know if Dr. Million does LIS/fissurectomy? I am most likely going to skip the Botox if I need surgery since it's costly and does not have as high of a success rate as LIS. Since I don't have health insurance, I wouldn't be able to afford Botox and then LIS if I needed it.
I am going to see Dr. Oommen in Walnut Creek next month. I don't know how caring he is (which is very important to me because I have an anxiety disorder), but he is extremely experienced and a highly regarded CRS. My GP recommended him. I'll look into Dr. Million if things don't work out with him.
Thanks again! If anyone else out there has an recommendations here in Northern California, let us know.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Luka
VIP

Postby whatisthis » 22 Aug 2013, 00:31

I am not 100% sure if Million does fissure surgery. but i remember reading a yelp review that she performed a successful fissure surgery on someone that reviewed her. I would think she does.
Good luck with your appointment.
whatisthis
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 23 Aug 2013, 15:37

Give this lady a try and this website; Dr. Kristina G. Hobson, MD
http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-kristina-hobson-2g7cd
There were 17 responses (to her practices) in total, most others received only a few or more.
*Patient satisfaction 4.5 out of 5 stars
*How well provider listens and answers questions 5 out of 5 stars
*Spends appropriate amount of time with patients 5 out of 5 stars
Theres much more on here including phone number Northern Cali address etc.
In all there were 107 CRS Dr's in your area at that site, for some reason she jumped out at me. Give her a call.
Great reviews on her also here:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/kristina-g-hobson-md-los-gatos
Home page of the 107 CRS Dr's in the bay area:
http://www.healthgrades.com/provider-search-directory/search?q=colon+rectal+surgeon&prof.type=provider&search.type=provider&loc=San+Francisco%2C+CA&locIsSolrCity=false#pagenumber=2&sortby=bestmatch&isdirectory=&q=colon+rectal+surgeon&loc=San+Francisco%2C+CA&prem=&f.distance.display=middle&f.distance_ftop=100&f.distance=100
Click on patient satisfcation for low down
I plugged Dr. OOmmen in google and it took me directly to the above site he got 15 responses in total which is also good. And compare his specs with the other Dr....
Surprising reviews on Dr. Oomen same site as lady Dr. above
http://www.yelp.com/biz/samuel-oomen-md-walnut-creek-2
*Patient Satisfaction 4.5 out of 5 stars
*How well provider listens and answers questions: 4.5 out of 5 stars
*Spends appropriate amount of time with patients: 5 out of 5 stars
GL hth
P.S. I know Luka, again you have probably done your homework, but theres always a possibility you may have overlooked this Doc. Good luck to you.

Postby Luka » 23 Aug 2013, 15:58

Thanks, buttastic. I will look into Dr. Hobson. She's a bit far from where I live, though. The good thing about Dr. Oommen is that he's only 15 minutes away from me. I will go to my appointment with him first and see how things work out. I just hope he's caring. I don't take those reviews on Yelp that seriously. Seems like they were rare circumstances. My GP recommended him (he knows I have an anxiety disorder) and said he was really experienced and nice.
I probably would prefer a woman, though. I will see how things go. Thanks again.
Luka
VIP