Enemas

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Enemas

Postby littlebutterfly » 08 Apr 2013, 21:03

What are your thoughts on water at-home enemas for people with anal fissures? I have several medical conditions and have relied on enemas for years to keep my body functioning well. I use a very soft and narrow tip. Thoughts? I do not know how my body will function without this..... I have bad fissures FYI.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Re: Enemas

Postby jr2 » 08 Apr 2013, 21:14

You mention that you use enemas regularly already. Did you develop fissures as a result of the enemas, or was there some other cause?
Do you rely on enemas in order to have a BM, or are you able to have one without an enema?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby littlebutterfly » 08 Apr 2013, 21:16

I think I got the fissures from nuts. I cannot see how after 12 years of enemas that suddenly was the cause. I never ever felt it was irritating. I have not been able to have BMs without. I have severe gastroparesis and this is how I am able to eat and eliminate.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Postby jr2 » 08 Apr 2013, 22:49

That being the case, it probably would be your best bet to continue with your enemas, and just take extra care with them to protect the anal area. Of course, it's best to run everything by your physician first, but it doesn't sound like it would be the best time right now for you to try to make any substantial changes. Keeping your diet soft with plenty of fluids, etc., or whatever diet works best for you with your gastroparesis.
jr2

Topics: 15