Miralax miracle

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: Miralax miracle

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 19 Apr 2013, 14:33

You must be right about bicycling being okay because flexing. I thought for a while that I wouldn't be able to (when I first was diagnosed), but after substituting driving for biking I was feeling worse and I was so depressed about not biking anyway that I decided to do it regardless and hope for the best. I never feel pain while biking, but long car rides are the worst!
I can't sit for long, but it's better than before. I don't even eat sitting down now unless it's for like a minute or two. I just have to when I'm in class. :/ But I shouldn't complain, I'm way better than I was a month ago. I just can't ever take a break from my regimen (I ate pasta last night for instance and I felt pain this morning, so no pasta, unless it's 2 or 3 noodles! It had been over a month so I thought maybe...)
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby delasama » 19 Apr 2013, 20:41

Yeah I'm on strict diet too. I lost thirty pounds and feel good though. Maybe fissure happened for a reason?
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby delasama » 22 Apr 2013, 15:44

I'm still doing great. I pooped three or four times the other day and still no spasms! I have been eating alot of chicken and potatoes. I found a half to three fourth cap full of miralax right before dinner is doing the trick.i start back at my job in a couple weeks. I'm doing great, but if I have one hard big poop then I would probably re tear my crs said.good thing for miralax!
delasama
King Fissure

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 22 Apr 2013, 16:44

Miralax is definitely amazing. I pooped like three times yesterday too, without pain or problems. Lol. It always worries me though. I usually only go once a day, so a break in my routine shakes me up a bit, but so far it's been smooth and hasn't retorn it. I'm sure I could easily retear too. It's a scary thought that I try not to think about except when planning what to eat. I'm still only sticking to high-fiber fruits, sweet potatoes, spinach (and other cooked vegetables) and lots of oil. Though I've risked a potato chip here and there...
I was going to get a referral to a CRS, but decided not to because I started improving dramatically once I started using nitroglycerin ointment (bought from an Indian mail-order pharmacy that doesn't require prescription), though the improvements from that didn't happen for a couple horrible headache-filled weeks.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 23 Apr 2013, 21:48

Had a tiny bit of blood on top of last piece of stool in toilet yesterday. Went poop twice today and no blood, not even on toilet paper. I'm not going to worry about tiny bit of blood. I still have hardly any pain and can sit comfortably alot.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 24 Apr 2013, 05:56

Was that your first blood in months? That's scary! Was the stool harder than usual, or did you eat anything sharp?
Maybe it's nothing to worry about since it didn't continue...
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 24 Apr 2013, 09:51

stool was tiny bit bulkier because i reduced miralax to almost a half capful at night. was taking full cap. yeah hadnt had blood in a month. it was just a few drops on top of pile of poop in toilet. i guess by the end off pooping the last piece got a little blood. no spasms though these days! hopefully it wasnt a bad sign and that i am still slowly healing. deffinetly going to take atleast a 3/4 cap of miralax tonight!
delasama
King Fissure