Miralax miracle

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Miralax miracle

Postby delasama » 13 Apr 2013, 20:12

Squatting and miralax helped me. I had fissure for months. I took a big poop and then I was pooping blood and crying while trying to sit in car. I went to crs and doctors... Tried everything. Finally I found these things that helped. I drove around for five hours today with no cushion and was fine! Things that helped-cap full of miralax right before dinner. Miralax works at night.i poop as soon as I wake up.i do this every night. It took about two months of this before I noticed significant progress. Felt like a never ending story about my butt ( delasama's fissure diary in general fissure discussion section). I am finally on road to healing! I also did lots of other little tricks religiously, but finding the right amount of miralax took over a month. I started taking miralax capful morning and night. It gave me soft poops which didn't hurt as much, but I pooped atleast twice a day. I got brave after a month and started just taking miralax cap full right before dinner. Now I poop as soon as I wake up and then I have all day and night to heal. Every few days I might poop twice in a day. It took months of spasms and pooping blood to figure this out. I don't even take vitamins anymore. I think miralax and squatting and alot of patience did the trick. I also went gluten free which could have helped. I have healed so much in the last two months. If I keep this up then I will have forgot about fissure in another month. I'm going to continue miralax for a year though. I have no pain during or after bm now. Mild random spasms if I sit alot right after I poop. My crs said that it would take atleast a few months to heal with miralax. I didn't believe him. Now I believe him.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Re: Miralax miracle

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 14 Apr 2013, 10:32

Amazing to hear! Miralax has been helping me too, so I hope that works ultimately. I have been feeling pseudo-healed for a week or two now (no blood for almost 2 weeks), but I know it's easy to retear so I feel like I'm tip-toeing around to continue healing. I feel discomfort from cars and prolonged sitting though (or too much walking). I'm hoping I wont have to see a CRS and just heal on my own this way.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby delasama » 14 Apr 2013, 18:12

Sounds like your on the right track crayonofdarkness. Sounds like you might be at same point I was a month ago. A month ago I had less pain and bled once and if I walked alot my butt would hurt almost like a giant itchy paper cut...just keep it up and don't miss a day of miralax!
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 14 Apr 2013, 18:18

I'm going to look tomoro with light up magnified makeup mirror. I did this a month ago and saw skin tag at top of hole . Hopefully it will look better tomoro.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 15 Apr 2013, 12:51

Glad to hear! It sure takes it's time though. It does feel like a giant itchy paper cut when walking too much. It's hard not to try to go back to normal levels of doing things, but I'm quickly informed when too much is too much.
Definitely can't miss Miralax at this point, I need it too much and think about it too much.
I use a magnified mirror too -- they work great! It's nice to see progress, even if it's so incremental you can't notice it on a daily basis.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 15 Apr 2013, 17:03

Yeah it's like a monthly basis.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 15 Apr 2013, 17:08

I got a haircut today and it didn't hurt to sit. I remember haircut last month and the one before both hurt my butt
delasama
King Fissure

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 16 Apr 2013, 06:29

Nice!
Likewise I've been able to play cello again in short increments (I've had to completely stop for over a month, which is really frustrating). The problem is that I have to sit in school for many lengthy hours a day and that really ruins those days. My classes are back-to-back without real breaks. If I could stand it wouldn't matter, but it'd be kind of impossible to explain why I need to stand during my classes and there aren't desks that high anyway. I've come to loathe chairs and the expectation that we should sit in them at any given or suggested opportunity. Strangely enough I still ride my bike everywhere though. Somehow that doesn't hurt it, whereas car rides do.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 16 Apr 2013, 08:07

I think bike doesn't hurt because your butt muscles are flexing. Car ride actually relaxes and spreads cheeks.
delasama
King Fissure

Postby delasama » 16 Apr 2013, 08:08

That's awesome that u can sit though!
delasama
King Fissure