swimming'

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: swimming'

Postby ravians » 24 Apr 2013, 07:06

tx. u must have gone through many painful days but outlast our Lord has blessed u with health. n if end is well all is well.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby redbug12 » 24 Apr 2013, 12:45

I asked my CRS the question couple days ago as I am going on a vacation too and she said it is perfectly alright to swim in a pool. No need to worry about the chlorine in the water.
redbug12
Fibre Addict

Postby ravians » 24 Apr 2013, 13:24

that's gud. enjoy ur life have a happy holiday. have u gone through fistulotomy only or also LIS
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 24 Apr 2013, 14:06

Ravians,
I think Rich was just unlucky that his fissure developed an abscess and then a fistula. It does happen but a lot of people with fissures don't have anything more to contend with other than just the fissure. I was also unlucky in that I developed a fissure first and then an abscess and fistula too, but unlike Rich, mine was a totally separate issue to the fissure and in a totally different area - just bad luck I guess! If you go to the Fistula section you will be able to read all the symptoms of a fistula there but I really wouldn't worry. As long as you are keeping everything nice and clean down there, you should be absolutely fine - All the very best with your LIS surgery too.
Rich - Sounds like you are still recovering from your original chronic fissure, which would have been really aggravated by everything else that came along after (I didn't know that's how your fistula formed) That will possibly still take a while to fully heal (hopefully not!) but you really do sound like you're doing great! Here's to full recovery!.... :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again