Who has healed Skin Tag on his/her own?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: Who has healed Skin Tag on his/her own?

Postby Ever the Optimist » 02 May 2013, 15:23

Mkotb,
First I have to make it completely clear that I have a chronic fissure, which is not completely healed and still prone to becoming aggravated at times but I think I am out of the worst (well, hope!)
The minute the fissure was diagnosed (an emergency EUA) because of the pain, I was prescribed Diltiziam, which I used for 7 weeks. This had an immense effect in assisting the healing and I had almost immediate pain relief from it. Along with this, I have always taken two hot baths a day (sometimes with salts) - the first always after my morning BM, the other to relax in the evening. I never clean up with baby wipes unless I'm caught out in public, I simply use a shower head to clean up the area and then hop in the bath to ensure the whole area is completely clean. I dab dry with a soft towel and apply Virgin raw organic coconut oil to the anal area, applying a little inside the opening and get on with my day. I always use Vaseline to lubricate the area pre BM to coat the fissure and assist in a smooth evacuation. I am also a firm advocate of squatting rather than sitting as I feel this is more natural and everything expels more quickly and smoothly.
I use Lactulose (UK) in the evenings and take Olive Oil orally ( a large tablespoon) as a stool softener.
I do not take fibre substitutes as I feel my fibre intake is adequate and there is a danger of having too much fibre.
I eat healthily and have cut out a lot of red meats/ all white foods substituting with wholegrains & brown (rice/ pasta & bread) I avoid fast foods/ deep fried foods/ processed/ very spicy and ensure I get 5 a day+ in the fruit & veg area. I always eat bran & bio yogurt at breakfast and consume lots of herbal teas & water. I avoid caffeine and my only vices are chocolate (which doesn't impact badly on me but tends to have a more laxative effect on my bowels) and very ocassionally, a couple of glasses of red wine!
I think it is extremely important to eat slowly, chew thoroughly and follow anything I eat with a glass of water. I also take zinc/ Vit C & a B complex vitamin tablet a day.
My biggest learning curve to date is absolutely NO pushing whatsoever on the toilet - if your diet is working, there is no need as everything will expel naturally 90% of the time. I tell myself every day that the fissure is healing and the area is getting stronger and stronger - I firmly believe that a postive mind is vital in healing because of that mind/ body connection....... I guess that's pretty much the basics in a nutshell!!! but if there's any thing else you need to know, just ask away!.......I also think that the size/depth/ location of the fissure are important factors in healing.
We are all so different and different things & approaches work for some and not for others. There's a lot of experimentation involved!...........All the very best to you -
Sav, Thank you for the Witchhazel link!
& Butt, persevere a little longer with the natural methods. I know it takes patience but I simply couldn't risk any further damage through further surgery right now! I find a bath much more relaxing and I just spread my legs wide and kind of direct waves of water into the anal area with my hands to get it all clean in there (oh and I always finish with a shower too) just to allow for any trapped debris that might pop out! Sorry bit gross - but I find this works best for me :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby mkotb » 02 May 2013, 16:02

[quote="Ever the Optimist"]Mkotb,
if there's any thing else you need to know, just ask away!.......I also think that the size/depth/ location of the fissure are important factors in healing.
We are all so different and different things & approaches work for some and not for others. There's a lot of experimentation involved!...........All the very best to you -
this is my story...
i have been suffering with a fissure on and off for the past 2 years now.I could not see it but all i could see is a small skin tag..it pains on the left side right at the start of the skin tag..i saw two gastro doctors and they are of no help at all...tried so many things...finally this is what is helping me....MOM 2tbsps a day...i used this for 2 weeks and had no pain at all...after 2 weeks i stopped.i was fine for 2 days, the second day i had a nice bowel movement in the morning and in the evening i felt little movement again but i could not go..thats it...today the first tip became very hard and i am back with little blood and pain....i used glucerin suppository in the morning but that didnt help....i eat fruits,veggies,nut butters, quinoa as my diet....i use squat technique too...that is really helpful...but yesterday even that didnt help....
I am totally lost in this loop of on and off pain...i never saw my fissure..when i look in the mirror all i see is a skin tag but when i touch it, it hurts to the left side..may be a very little inside...i went to 2 gastro docs..they r no helpful at all..second said to simply follow the diet and if occasionally flares up, said to use MOM...not sure till how many years i have to bear with this pain but i guess i have to be patient to deal with this pain...
thank you all and dont know how depressed would i be without this forum...
mkotb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby saintkilledher » 03 May 2013, 03:24

had to get surgery to remove mine
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Reptaronice » 03 May 2013, 09:28

I have healed mine, or should I say got rid of it. I simply tied the tag off at the base with thread. I (needed help from a friend) waited 3 days and it fell off. Smooth bottom again!
The only time it throbbed a little was about 4 hours after tying, I took 2 ibprofine and was good.
Reptaronice
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby buttquestion » 03 May 2013, 12:35

Reptaronice wrote:I have healed mine, or should I say got rid of it. I simply tied the tag off at the base with thread. I (needed help from a friend) waited 3 days and it fell off. Smooth bottom again!
The only time it throbbed a little was about 4 hours after tying, I took 2 ibprofine and was good.

Oh boy... mine is so small that I don't even know how to tie it and my partner is useless. He is completely grossed out by the whole thing and doesn't even want to hear anything about it. lol
I feel my skin tag is still tied to the "wound"... not ready to cut it off yet.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby buttquestion » 03 May 2013, 12:36

mkotb wrote:buttquestion and Ever the Optimist:
could you please let us know how did u guys heal the fissure?
mine gets closed and retears one fine day and the same process is happening for the past 2 years..if u can share us in detail, the diet u followed, medicines/supplements/laxatives u used, it would be of great help to all others...thanks

I am going to write you a PM. check your private message.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby buttquestion » 03 May 2013, 13:09

In case somebody is interested in my routine. Here is what I wrote:
--------
This is what I have been doing for the past 2 months. It is basically a lifestyle change for me.
1. Cut out all Caffeine and Spicy Food. I used to drink A LOT of coffee and soda drinks. I hated drinking just water but after several days of just water, I am finally used to it. I am drinking some green tea now but that's as much caffeine as I want to take.
I love Spicy Food but it can really irritates your BM and what's worse is when you have bad stomach. "water" stool is bad.. it can cause spasm. Your goal is to not have bad stool when you try to recover. This means you need to stick with food that you know your body can digest well. I ate Chinese Chicken Broccoli with Rice and "white sauce" and "low salt" for 2 weeks!! Find something healthy and balanced and just don't get bad stomach. One food poisoning.. oh boy. You'll hurt your fissure really bad.
2. Drink a lot of water. Again, caffeine dehydrate your body which I did not know. I thought I had internal hemorrhoid and caffeine is a "blood vessel" dilator which can lead to bulging blood vein which is what hemorrhoid is. So, by cutting off caffeine, you reduce the chance of getting hemorrhoid and dehydrating yourself too much.
3. When my fissure was "bad" (meaning bloody BM and severe pain), I bought Sitz Bath seat from CVS drugstore. It's cheap. Use a bit warmer water (not burning hot!!) and I use it the first time when I wake up and before I sleep. Twice a day for 12mins. I didn't even use salt, just plain water. I no longer bleed so I am cutting back Sitz Bath to just regular soaking in the tub as I feel the seat was pulling my butt cheeks apart too much which causes my skin tag to get stretched. I am still testing this theory.
4. Fiber drinks twice a day. I just drink the regular Metamucil. I like the orange taste and it's easy for me. This makes my BM softer but not too soft.
5. Before you BM, make sure you use Vaseline or water-based lube. I like water-based lube because it's easy to wash off. I don't like that "slick" feeling down there. It irritates IMO. After BM, I basically just stick my whole butt in the tub to rinse or if I am at work, I'll use baby wipes or if I have no baby wipes, I'll use very wet tissue. Never wipe it "dry".
One trick. When you push your stool out, deep breath IN..you'll feel your stomach pushing downward.. use that movement to push your poop out. It will put less strain on your ass. Image I also learn how to deep breath properly for past 2 months! lol Before deep breath in, you need to exhale to the point that you have little air left..and then you take a deep breath in. You will feel your sphincter expands.
6. I take two Fish Oil in the morning with Fiber drinks. Not sure if it helps but fish oil also helps with cholesterol.
7. I bought Nitro ointment from United Pharmacy called Rectogesic Ointment 0.2%. It's shipped from United Kingdom. A bit pricey. I used to use it twice a day. Once right after I shower before work and once before bed. I notice that I do not like that "vaseline" feeling in my ass during the day when I walk around so I only use it before bed. And also, you may get some headache.. it took me about a week to get rid of it. Nothing major for me.
8. The other thing i use is Palmer's Fast Absorbing Cocoa Butter oil: http://www.drugstore.com/palmers-cocoa-butter-formula-moisturizing-body-oil-with-vitamin-e/qxp27753?catid=182918
I bought this originally for my stretch mark on the leg. And then I got curious and just rub it outside of my anus... and for some reasons, I feel better. I have no proof for this but I am no longer bleeding and I only have skin tag issue. This lotion is used to promote skin healing and stretch mark so I figure maybe I can get that skin tag to shrink or disappear! I've been using this lotion for 2 months now. I put it on once before work (I skipped Nitro Ointment in the morning now), once at 6pm and once when I get home. I just rub it some in your anus area.
9. Things you should avoid are Squat Exercise (you can Squat to poop if you want) and using Soap on your anus (just use water and pad try or air dry). I am working out now but I feel when I do squat, my ass cheek is pulled apartment too far. I try not to irritate my skin tag. Try to walk around during the day but not like fast running. Don't sit in one position for too long. Sweat also irritates my skin tag which I found out recently. So when I exercise, I do it nude. LOL I don't like sweat and underwear rubbing against fissure.
10. Lastly, you should definitely Dilate/stretch your asshole. I am a gay bottom so putting stuff in my butt is nothing new. If you have not done it before, I suggest you put fingers in first...get used to that feeling. Dilation is very important because some people like us are born with very tight sphincter. By dilating (stretching your asshole basically!), you improve sphincter's muscle. Sphincter is a type of muscle. If your back is sore, what do you do? You do stretches! It's the same idea for your ass. I totally believe in dilation. I do it ONCE every other day for 12mins. I bought an anal dilator kit from amazon.com. It has 5 sizes but for people like you, you just need two sizes. My goal is to stretch further and for just BM, you really don't need larger than 4" round. Just search Anal Dilator kit on amazon. It's black color.
And also, the water-based lube I use is http://www.amazon.com/Nasstoys-Frixion-Lube-2-oz/dp/B001BNTA9C Frixion lube. It has Aloe Vera in it and it is a "thick" lube and very very easy to wash off. This is probably the best water-lube I've used so far and I will continue using it.
One more thing: This is a trick for bottoms. The easiest way to take something up your ass is by laying on your back with legs up in the air or in STANDING position..lean your butt outward, leg apart for about 3 feet and DON'T bend your knees much. This is the easiest position to INSERT something into your butt-hole without your butt cheek squeezing. You need to relax. How? When you exhale, your sphincter is a lot more relaxed. So, in-hale to expand your sphincter to poop and exhale to insert something in! Doggie-style is actually one of the worst position. I just found it out recently! So, to dilate, I basically stand in front of a wall.. lube your dildo/finger with A LOT of lube and once it's in, I lean forward with two hands on the wall and just try to deep breathe. You will feel your sphincter expand... yup, get that feeling. Try to expand your sphincter without inserting dildo in and out because in and out produces "friction". You don't want friction to rub against your wound. Enjoy. :D
I believe Anal Dilation is probably the 2nd most important thing behind "Soft Stool". To prevent future re-tear or occurrence of fissure, our sphincter muscle needs to be strong.. needs to prevent spasms. I treat it as Working Out. As we age, our muscle gets weaker. I am only 33 years old but I will continue working out all parts of my "muscle" including sphincter.
I follow this routine and will continue to do so.
Last edited by buttquestion on 03 May 2013, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 03 May 2013, 14:27

Repataronice,
That was a really brave thing to do but sounds like it paid off! My pile is quite internal, so I couldn't even locate the end of it not that I would dare even go there!!
Mkotb - sounds like yours is positioned in a almost the same location as mine! Unfortunately, it does take a lot of time & patience with ups and downs and sometimes, it's even hard to find conclusions as to what kicks off that pain and aggravation again.....
Butt, yet again, the same conclusion & situation as you - only my partner is so squeamish he wouldn't go there in a million years!!! Again, though due to it's location, I wouldn't even know where to go to locate the end of the pile and I certainly wouldn't be ready (or ever!) to cut it off myself!!! :)
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Postby Ever the Optimist » 03 May 2013, 14:38

Just to add (because I missed Butt's post above) I have to totally agree with pretty much most of what Butt advises - there's some really great tips in there. The only things I don't do are dilate (but that's just personal choice) and I substitute the Cocoa Butter Oil with Virgin Raw Coconut Oil....
Personally, I find squatting the way to go however because to me it feels far more natural and everything expels so much better. When I squat, I do so with my feet and knees slightly raised rather than with my feet completely flat as I feel that puts too much pressure on the anus. I feel I have better control over the BM too this way and I also totally focus on breathing techniques too during the process. At the end of the day, it's really what works for you personally.......
Ever the Optimist