Who has healed Skin Tag on his/her own?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Who has healed Skin Tag on his/her own?

Postby buttquestion » 30 Apr 2013, 16:09

Man, I am soooooooooo annoyed right now. I was going to write up "How I heal my Anal Fissure" but after trying a bigger dilator two days ago, I feel my Skin Tag is being irritated. I've been reading more about Skin Tag than Fissure because I believe my Fissure has healed?
It's been almost a two month intense battling. I am on a pretty strict routine and I have not had any bloody BM for at least 3 months.
I am even dilating every other day for 10-15mins. I was on size 1 and then size 2. I got greedy and tried size 3. It didn't hurt like it "split" or "tear" the wound but the skin area is "itchy" and "irritated".
I now see what my REAL problem is - Skin Tag!!!!
Has any of you healed your own Skin Tag to the point that it does not irritate you AT ALL? I believe my skin tag has shrunk a bit for the past two months. I am on Nitro Oniment 0.2% (I only use ONCE at night before I sleep) and I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Treatment 3 times a day. I believe Palmer is the reason why my skin tag is less irritated.
One important question. If you feel your Skin Tag is irritated, does it mean that your Anal Fissure has not healed up 100%? Because some said the fissure can heal but the skin tag can get irritated when it gets "pulled" (from BM, anal sex, sitting in a weird position).
Is surgery the only way to remove Skin Tag? If so, I want to do it. I am done toying with this thing. I now know how to heal/prevent fissure (soft stool, dilation regularly!!) but I can't seem to get rid of the tag. I live somewhat close to DC Area. Any well known doctor that can remove skin tag?
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Who has healed Skin Tag on his/her own?

Postby buttquestion » 30 Apr 2013, 18:49

This is probably the most absurd thing but this page talks about how you can reduce "facial skin tag" with tea tree oil.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/150360-how-to-reduce-the-size-of-skin-tags-on-face/
You basically dip cotton ball in tea tree oil and then tape it to your skin tag at night and gradually, the tag should be reduced in size.
I know it sounds crazy. Do you think it would work with anal fissure skin tag if the goal is to shrink it and eventually falls off or to the point of not irritating?
Is tea tree oil safe in anal area? I think my Palmer lotion has some tea tree oil in it.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 30 Apr 2013, 20:50

I wouldn't use tea tree oil in a sensitive area like your anus.
The stuff is amazing though and very potent. I use it on zits and cold sores.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 May 2013, 00:10

Buttquestion,
Same dilemna right now as you with the very same questions!! I'm not sure about neat teatree oil but I'm sure a small % could certainly be if applied with other things?? I have been advised Witchhazel (but natural and not the alcohol-based version) It has allegedly great results on piles generally - also natural aloe vera.
From some very great first-hand advice I've been offered here and from general info I've read, the consensus is do NOT even go there with surgery unless your case is extreme and causing you great pain & suffering. It appears skin tag removals/ pile banding etc. are quite painful procedures (my CRS actually stressed too that they are best left alone) and can leave you in a situation where you may incur further issues because of incision cuts etc...It can also be a factor in the creation of a further fissure. My suffering is minimal compared to an acute fissure and although I get extremely p**d off with the fact I can feel the thing and it does play up at times and my bottom does not yet feel completely "normal" again, I have come to the conclusion that No I am not prepared to take any risk with further surgical intervention in the area. I want to give this more time and try out other conventional methods and deal with the whole underlying root causes of what I strongly feel created this issue in the first place (primarily stress and IBS and the effects of that on my body)........
I'm not sure either what effect the pile has on the fissure and vice versa but figure that as my chronic fissure is almost healed and that I do not suffer directly from it anymore, I will treat the sentinel pile that has arisen from it as a separate issue in the hope that it too will finally shrink to being totally manageable. I do feel that most of the time I'm getting there!!
All the very best to you.....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby buttquestion » 01 May 2013, 14:41

Yes, I feel like "it's almost getting there" but not quite. I can't tell if my irritation is due to fissure still not fully healed or it's just me pulling the skin.
You are right about surgery. No, my condition is nowhere as severe. In fact, most of you would probably consider my situation as "healed". BM doesn't cause pain, no blood and no spasm (some tightness down there but that's why we need to do anal dilation on a regular basis).
However, I need Anal Sex. I haven't done any anal sex for 3 months in hoping that the condition can completely go away!
I only seriously treat my fissure for 2 months which to some people is not a lot of time. I guess I am going to stick to my routine because the size of skin tag has shrunk a bit so whatever I am doing is doing something right. I am just impatient!!!!
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby buttquestion » 01 May 2013, 14:42

So, natural Witchhazel is good? Has it helped you much?
Is there a brand name I should look for?
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 May 2013, 14:53

Butt,
Tell me about it - I am also impatient and a perfectionist & a bit of a control freak over my life, so feeling I'm not in control of all this drives me mental!
I've also noticed an increase in pain in the fissure area, over the last few days and can't tell whether it's the sentinel pile playing up, whether I've aggravated that, which has aggravated the fissure, whether the fissure has retorn a little.....I'm scheduled for a CRS visit 10th May and I have a few questions again about all this stuff! I'll update you on his opinion on the skin tag issue.
I haven't yet used Witchhazel as I've only see the alcohol based stuff in the shops so I'm going to research on the net. I'll let you know as soon as I find something which could be of interest to us!
That sucks about your anal sex issues! A fissure is such an intrusion on your life is so many ways, but in some respects that has to be the ultimate intrusion. I so hope you can get it sorted soon so you can resume your love life! Did you get any useful advice on that from a CRS? I can only suggest dilation, based on what I've read here as a way forward??
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Savaici » 01 May 2013, 17:23

There is a good site called iherb, BQ, and they might have the natural witch hazel.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby buttquestion » 02 May 2013, 14:22

Ever the Optimist wrote:Butt,
Tell me about it - I am also impatient and a perfectionist & a bit of a control freak over my life, so feeling I'm not in control of all this drives me mental!
I've also noticed an increase in pain in the fissure area, over the last few days and can't tell whether it's the sentinel pile playing up, whether I've aggravated that, which has aggravated the fissure, whether the fissure has retorn a little.....I'm scheduled for a CRS visit 10th May and I have a few questions again about all this stuff! I'll update you on his opinion on the skin tag issue.
I haven't yet used Witchhazel as I've only see the alcohol based stuff in the shops so I'm going to research on the net. I'll let you know as soon as I find something which could be of interest to us!
That sucks about your anal sex issues! A fissure is such an intrusion on your life is so many ways, but in some respects that has to be the ultimate intrusion. I so hope you can get it sorted soon so you can resume your love life! Did you get any useful advice on that from a CRS? I can only suggest dilation, based on what I've read here as a way forward??

I made a mistake by visiting a gastroenterologist instead of a rectal surgeon!!! I went in thinking that I had internal hemorrhoid but he said it's actually fissure (which makes sense now!). He gave me suppository Cortisone and not Nitro or Dilitiazem cream. I used Cortisone thing for 6 days and then I read that it can actually make it worse. I stop that and bought Nitro from United Pharmacy. Nitro definitely has helped but it's best used at night right before you sleep so you can bypass most headache. I also hate that very "slippery" feeling when I walk and sit.. I think it irritates my skin tag.
No, I have not seen a real good Rectal Surgeon yet. I don't have insurance so everything is self pay. Money isn't a big issue but I know fissure takes a LONG time to heal and I need to stick to a good "routine" to see if I can heal it myself. I am just very anxious about surgery as cuts may make it worse?
Regardless, I finally figured out one thing I shouldn't do which I have been doing for the past 2 months. That is Sitz Bath on the toilet!!! Yes, Sitz Bath helped me tremendously when my fissure was acting up so bad with a lot of pain and blood but for the past 2 months, I didn't have any blood. I think sitting in that position (the seat I bought from CVS) actually "tears" my skin...and that's why the skin tag won't go away! I know this because my brother has fissure too and it's acting up and he said he tried Sitz Bath seat and it TEARS so much that he is in tears. The location of our fissure seems to be the same (6'O Clock, closer to our testicles).
Starting from yesterday, I no longer sit on Sitz Bath seat. I am only going to sit in the tub and bend my knee a bit. I want to see if that can help my skin tag.
I also think skin treatment lotion that helps wrinkle/scar should help.. I don't have proof on this but I think it can and that's why I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E lotion several times a day. My skin tag has reduced in size since April but I need it to go away completely!
I am only 2 months into this Routine. I guess I need more time and I am getting really impatient!!!
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Postby mkotb » 02 May 2013, 14:43

buttquestion and Ever the Optimist:
could you please let us know how did u guys heal the fissure?
mine gets closed and retears one fine day and the same process is happening for the past 2 years..if u can share us in detail, the diet u followed, medicines/supplements/laxatives u used, it would be of great help to all others...thanks
mkotb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1