Diarhea Anal Fissure Worse

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diarhea Anal Fissure Worse

Postby littlebutterfly » 05 May 2013, 20:11

Yes. I have been on liquids for 11 days due to the pain from the fissure. It is stealing my life away from me. I am confused because I am having diarhea even though I am taking in no fiber. I had LIS two days ago. The pain is so unbearable each time I go to the bathroom. Like HELL. Is doing liquids only making the problem worse? Should I be on solids and Miralax attempting a normal soft movement instead of what I am doing? I thought liquids would help. Clearly not.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Re: Diarhea Anal Fissure Worse

Postby jr2 » 05 May 2013, 20:43

Are you on a liquid diet for that long under a doctor's care?
If not, BMs during a liquid diet can be hard to predict. Some people get constipation, some people get diarrhea. Right now your body needs as much nutrition as you can manage to help you heal. I would definitely suggest slowly adding healthy soft foods with gentle fiber (and stool softeners if needed). Sweet potatoes, cooked beets, fish, peas, steamed spinach, cooked broccoli, steamed cabbage, butternut squash soup, oatmeal, all make good choices. You've been on liquids for quite awhile, so you need to go easy and go slowly as you reintroduce foods so you don't overwhelm your digestive tract, but once your colon has something to work on to assist in its natural muscle movements you should start seeing improvement.
keep us posted!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby littlebutterfly » 05 May 2013, 20:51

Thank you. The complicating factor is that I have delayed gastric emptying. Prior to the fissure I was enema dependent for 10 years. I have not had a bowel movement on my own until this episode of diarrhea for that long. So much stress and anxiety about this. I do not know what to take to assist movement. Flax. Miralax. Stool softeners. Chia seed. I am in so much trouble and so scared. And no the juices and broth have not been under a doctor's guidance. It was my way of trying to get rid of the pain. I thought my bowels would shut down and the fissure would heal.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Postby littlebutterfly » 05 May 2013, 20:54

I think the Omoxycillin is making things worse too. The CRS put me on as he thought my pile had been infected. I want the diarrhea to stop now. It is ripping me open and burning so much.
littlebutterfly
Salt Bather

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 05 May 2013, 21:37

Everyone's bodies and medical histories are different, so only your doctor can say for absolute sure what you should be doing. I just had LIS last Monday, though, and my CRS was very adamant that I should eat fiber-rich foods and take Metamucil 2-3 times/day to add bulk to my stool. I'm sort of on the opposite side of the spectrum- my stool is slightly harder than the ideal consistency for health. Maybe give your CRS office a ring and see what sort of diet modification you should make. And hang in there in the meantime! Recovery isn't easy, but you will make it through it. By the way: the antibiotic could absolutely be making things worse! Have you taken omoxycillin in the past?
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby jr2 » 05 May 2013, 22:00

The antibiotic can definitely cause diarrhea, and your doctor needs to know you are having this side effect. With delayed gastric emptying, you already know to be careful about the kinds and amount of fiber you eat. Miralax and/or stool softeners could be worthwhile additions.
I agree that you need some dietary and pharmaceutical guidance from your physician at this point.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby howtobepositive » 06 May 2013, 00:59

I dont think that being on a liquid diet is good for you even if it helps with the pain, which it isnt so its an easy decision that the liquid diet isnt working.
Now you do have a medical history related to your gut so you need to ensure that all decisions however minor are taken with medical supervision.
But as you might know already that for AF's the best stool is a type 3-4 on the bristol scale and n ot a type 7. In order to acheive that you need to eat healthy and take soluble fiber for sure. If you have had a history of constipation then miralax is good and docusate works good for softening.
I had my LIS 5 days ago and the day of the surgery I was on liquid diet and the due to that my first BM was all water! and it hurt!! A lot of people dont realize this but although loose stools dont hurt as bad as constipation, they are probably just as bad for AF's.
Its a tough job trying to get the BM's right and I myself suffer from IBS due to which I constantly have loose stools all the time. Trial and error seems to be the way to go for me as I start my post LIS life.....
Good Luck. Give it your best shot and talk to your doctor, if its getting too much maybe take temporary anti anxiety meds which is what I do...
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby ravians » 06 May 2013, 04:34

all r right antibiotics can cause diarrhea n if its because of it u need to take immediate action. call ur Dr. get it replaced by another another one or it may damage ur any organ system. antibiotics that cause such reactions should b abandoned immediately but with the consent of Dr.
take psyllium husk in yogurt it will immediately stop n regularize ur bm.
for fissure ph of stool should ideally be neutral that is 7. but in diarrhea it is not that's y despite of watery it hurts n burns up the fissure like hell. so try to keep a balance of protein that makes stool alkaline n carbohydrate that makes stool acidic. then it will not hurt. n keep praying for your health.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby suzyljank » 06 May 2013, 06:07

Hi, just a suggestion , have you tried taking a probiotic. They're great especially if antibiotics have killed off all the good bacteria in your gut. You need the good bacteria to slow up the diarrhea. Eating yogurt will help too but a good probiotic helps the most. You also need to eat some solid food. Try toast, oatmeal, bananas, and applesauce. Pick one stool softener, I use miralax. It will take a few days for your system to adjust. If you still can't get a handle on the situation call your doctor. All the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic