What kind of Aloe

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What kind of Aloe

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 08 May 2013, 15:54

I have read that aloe helps. What should I be looking for when I buy it? Just a basic lotion with aloe in it? (I founds a Berts Bee's one that looks to be 99.5% natural) Or that green after-sun goop? (This may be a dumb question but I'd rather ask before turning my bum the color of the Hulk) Thanks!!
Deleted User 2651

Re: What kind of Aloe

Postby Ever the Optimist » 09 May 2013, 13:40

Keepingthehope,
Natural health shops will generally stock natural Aloe - I'm not sure if you are US or UK based or elsewhere - but Holland & Barrett in UK stock natural aloe vera. I actually purchased my own Aloe Vera plant about this time last year, just cut slices off the leaves and apply the gooey gloopy sap to my bottom!! It's been a great investment as these plants are really tough and lasting.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby howtobepositive » 09 May 2013, 20:23

Are you guys talking about applying this stuff to the AF inside the anus or outside the anus? Does it help?
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby Ever the Optimist » 10 May 2013, 01:59

Hi,
I apply externally to the anal opening and put a little on a finger tip to insert just a little internally so it gets inside the opening - I never go too deep though. This seems to work for me in applying most creams....Aloe is good especially when cold but I've been using this more to see if I can shrink internal piles rather than for the fissure. I'd say just try pretty much anything recommended and natural to see what works best for you.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again