I'm an exclusively breast feeding mom..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: I'm an exclusively breast feeding mom..

Postby owmybum » 15 May 2013, 02:42

I struggle to drink just plain water, so always add a dash of cordial to mine. It has always been fine for me.
Just be careful how much orange juice you glug down... When I was feeding my son, I went on a "must cram vitamins for baby" type diet..... He ended up with a sore bott from all the oj and fruit I was consuming!! Lol
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Mommyof3 » 15 May 2013, 06:46

Yes Kreaybutt, please be careful with the OJ. I was not having my daily BM probably just from not drinking enough from Breastfeeding. That I one day over did it big time!! I had diarrhea all day. That led to a grape sized thrombosed hem and the AF. Wish I could go back in time!! Was doing great the in beginning at taking care of myself...then started to slip. Which is easy to do with a baby! You know! Plus 2 other kids and everything else. Lol!
Mommyof3
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 15 May 2013, 09:20

Hi Kreaybutt,
I use the coconut oil around the area and a little on the inside. The easiest and most pain free way I've found to do this is to stick the stuff in the fridge for a bit, then I mold some into small pieces and they slide up inside really easy. This is easier that using my finger.
The metamucil does make for a bigger BM and slide out easier. It really seems to work for me.
Unfortunately I've been a bit constipated the past 48 hours and my fissure is now excruciating. Here's to hoping a week from now it's back on the healing path!
Deleted User 2651

Postby Kreaybutt » 15 May 2013, 17:37

Ok I chickened out and did not drink OJ. Thank god!! Lol Thank you guys! I'm already very regular, I go twice in the morning and maybe once in afternoon😁. I don't need anymore BM's or diahrraa!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Kreaybutt » 15 May 2013, 17:41

Aww sorry to hear that keepingthehope! What did you do different in your diet? I'm always scared in the morning if what my bm is going to be like! I eat a ton of fiber during the day, I actually find it hard to stay away from fibrous foods so I think I'll stay away from Metamucil for now
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 16 May 2013, 12:16

Hi Kreaybutt,
Honestly I'm not sure. The weather where i live this weekend was SUPER hot and I don't think I was drinking enough water. Plus, have you heard of Boba? It's a drink with Tapioca balls in the bottom... It's popular in Asian restaurants.markets. Anyway, they are these gummy balls and I have a lurking suspicion they turned into gummy brick in my stomach. So I won't be doing that anytime soon. I'm upping the water and sticking to the metamucil and stool softeners. In our house we eat really healthy and vegetarian anyway, but I still think more fiber can't hurt.
I would say watch out for diarrhea though. I got my fissure after a massive bout of food poisoning. So I know that's what caused mine.
BEST OF LUCK! and HANG IN THERE!
Deleted User 2651

Postby norrij » 18 May 2013, 22:45

Hi Ladies!
I'm also breastfeeding, my daughter is 2. I've been dealing with an AF for about 5 years or so now, and i'm having a horrible flare up caused from a bout with the flu just over 3 weeks ago. Just joined for tips and advice for natural approaches to healing, I've tried all that I've found online so far, and hope others experiences open up new ideas for healing. So glad to know i'm not the only nursing mom on here dealing with this!
norrij

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 19 May 2013, 14:51

Hi Norrij!
Can I asked if you were dealing with your fissure while pregnant? If so, how did handle it?
(I ask because I'm hoping to get pregnant but don't know how long to try and wait out this current fissure flare up or just go forward and manage it as it goes...)
Thank you!
Deleted User 2651

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 19 May 2013, 14:53

Also... I did read in some section here that some women experienced softer stools in their babies when taking metamucil, but not when taking miralax... I can't remember how I got to the thread but I think I just typed metamucil into the search bar...
Deleted User 2651

Postby norrij » 19 May 2013, 17:05

Hi! I was dealing with my fissure off and on while pregnant, but thankfully it actually seemed to be better while pregnant! Most women get constipated while pregnant, but for some reason, I always get the opposite... which is super helpful for the fissure. I tried to drink more water to keep things moving and from getting backed up, but there was a point around 14 weeks or so that I started getting migraines and couldnt drink as much water, so I switched to gatoraid mixed with water to help with the vomiting and low blood sugar/pressure.
The worst of my AF really didnt start until after my little girl was born, so just the last two years or so. We've been trying for baby number 2, which will most likely be our last, then I can seriously look at getting this issue repaired.
Good luck with your TTC journey! and dont stress about the fissure, truly, a baby is worth any pain this thing can bring... although while in the moment of some BMs it wont seem like it :/
norrij

Topics: 1